This position is responsible for performing various inside sales duties and will be considered a stepping-stone to an outside sales position. REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Sales Manager. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage designated accounts, including client meetings
- Manage inquiries, leads, and opportunities
- Process and manage transactional quotes and orders in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to quotation requests, leads and inquiries.
- Follow up on proposals and close business.
- Research and resolve account problems.
- Work closely with customers and operations to facilitate a superior customer experience.
- May perform client research, prospecting and networking.
- May provide marketing support for webinars, lunch and learns, open houses, technical seminars, etc.
- May prepare sales reports and forecasts.
- Enter sales activities into iConnect.
- May include limited travel, up to 25%
- Perform other work as required.
- HS Diploma or GED and prior relevant experience, or the equivalent in terms of education; experience and/or training
- MS Office proficiency, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent prioritization, organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities
- Model Intertek's 10X Energies at all times within the work place, practicing business the right way
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities and demanding deadlines
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to effectively prioritize and organize workload, with efficient time management
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal written and presentation formats
- Must possess the fundamental technical and administrative skills required to perform the job duties
- Must be customer-focused and quality driven
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
- Experience with CRM tools (MS Dynamics / Sales Force / other) is a plus.
Sales and Marketing