Description What to expect as an Instructional Designer at Elastic Path
This is not your typical instructional designer job. Â We want an individual with an aptitude for technology and experience in instructional design, who has a vested interest in putting together and developing programs and learning experiences for a variety of audiences, including those in technical roles. Â Â
As part of our Enablement team, you will work with the latest technologies and be an active participant in developing and improving our training, enablement, and certification programs for our user base.Â Our user base consists of customers, partners, and your colleagues with much of our focus on increasing product and implementation knowledge.Â We are looking for self-motivated, candidates with a passion for teaching technology and a desire to succeed. In return, Â Elastic Â Path will work with you on putting together and supporting you in developing your own skills where necessary. Â You must be a problem-solver at heart, patient, and an excellent communicator willing to scale technical education and enablement to new heights at Elastic Path. Key Responsibilities:
- By working with our product management and development teams and other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), you will identify needs, content gaps, and updates to develop joint content plans with documentation and marketing teams
- Design and develop learning content and programs to drive advocacy and product adoption through a blend of webinars, instructor-led, hands-on and web-based learning solutions
- Participate in the planning, analysis, design, development, and delivery process for multiple learning experiences simultaneously
- Develop and deliver materials using available tools such as: Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, Rise, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Pendo (in app guides), Docebo (learning management system), draw.io, confluence, SnagIt, Canva, and documentation tools
- Tighten go-to-market skills development time through relentless improvement to course content and quality
- Help us scale our outreach to our user base by providing a forward-looking or innovative view of modernizing instructional techniques and technologies
- Ability to understand company business context and apply it to Education related process and decisions
- Understand and apply Elastic Path security policies, processes, and controls as required, in day-to-day tasks.
We are looking for a candidate to be located within Canada, United States or the United Kingdom. There are multiple postings, only one open role. This position will be remote from wherever you are located. Elastic Path is currently operating with a work from home model. Â
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?Â
Bonus Points for:
- 3-5 years Instructional Design experience
- Certificate in instructional design or similar program
- Experience developing and delivering learning programs for software
- Open to travel for team or client meetings and training sessions as required
Who we are:
- Experience with developing in SaaS, agile, or commerce industry
- Experience with or a willingness to get comfortable with technologies used by our user base like:
- Web application servers
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the worldâ€™s leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other â€¯ leading enterprises. We pioneered the â€¯ Headless Commerce â€¯ space in 2011 and spearheaded â€¯ Composable Commerce â€¯ in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others. Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by. The Perks?
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located.Â You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page . Apply Now!
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted â€" however they choose to identify. Â
Software and Programming