What is the opportunity?The Technology & Operations (T&O) Innovation team operates as a startup within the bank with a mission to keep RBC as an undisputed leader in innovation & technology
is looking for a Director with experience in leadership and hands-on development. The T&O Innovation team contains special expertise in the areas of modern and emerging multi-cloud technologies (for consumption as well as creation of reusable cloud services) Reliability Engineering and lean product techniques. The Innovation team will partner with key stakeholders across the bank to accelerate the early stages of development using a data driven iterative process applying the scientific method to learn our way experimentally.What will you do?
- You enjoy solving business challenges through innovative technology, working on cutting-edge, industry defining projects that move the needle.
- As a Tech Lead in an innovation labs environment, you will split your time and responsibilities between hands on coding, collaborating with stakeholders, acting as a trusted technical advisor and leading a team.
- You will partner with product owners and SMEs to collaborate with stakeholders, to iteratively deliver and adapt based on evolving data and understanding.
- You'll bring a passion for leading next-gen technology, solving problems, and building solutions
- Use various techniques, tools and testing to deliver strategic technical solutions to match business requirements and project deliverables, while ensuring all code is delivered aligns to RBC best practices.
- You will be working on a small agile team with a startup mentality, and contribute to building a team culture of failing fast to succeed, experimentation, iteration, and agility.
- You will drive and build the development capabilities, frameworks, and patterns of success for the team, as well as leverage research of industry trends within domains/competencies to ensure that projects are leveraging the best available tools and techniques
- You will mentor and coach the team to encourage their growth and development, as well as demonstrate proven success in hiring developers and engineers
- Foster a culture of self-improvement and learning for the development community within our team, and broader RBC, as well asmaintain relationships with senior management and executives across RBC to help prioritize and drive Innovation objectives
Nice to Have
- Undergrad degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7 years hands-on experience in modern software development practices and 3-5 years as a team leader with multiple languages, frameworks and runtimes from the front end to the back end: e.g. React, Node, Python, go, swift, java, relational and NoSQL databases, Serverless, containers etc.
- A track record of incubation and delivery of greenfield technical solutions
- Proven experience in iterative-based delivery of solutions with unfinalized requirements,
- You're adept in handling ambiguous or undefined programs, as well as the ability to think abstractly
- Proven experience with data driven, experiment-based practices
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- Assesses employee performance in conjunction with other peers
- A track record of delivering large-scale, well architected solutions
- Experience consulting with stakeholders on adoption, change management and end-user experiences that your solutions deliver.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign upand get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 88 Queens Quay West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Senior Manager/Director
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 03/31/2021
Platform: Technology and OperationsReq ID:
327521 Ad Code(s):