Harris Computer - Corporate IT
Harris is a leading provider of financial management and Customer Information Systems (CIS) software solutions; providing feature-rich and robust turnkey solutions to Public Sector, Schools, Utility, and Healthcare agencies throughout North America. We are a financially strong, growing and stable company guided by our values to do the right thing when it comes to our customers, our employees, and our local communities. At Harris, we offer employees the opportunity to learn and have fun, while empowering them to make a difference and directly contribute to the success of the organization!
The Harris Corporate IT team is seeking an Infrastructure Specialist to join our Datacenter Services group to design, maintain and improve existing and newly acquired infrastructure environments. You will play a critical role in reviewing new acquisition environments, as well as existing environments, with a goal of identifying and implementing enterprise level best practice solutions and improvements, designing new environments to accommodate new mergers and acquisitions.
You will have the opportunity to work out of our Burnaby, British Columbia office, or remotely based on the Pacific Standard Time Zone. Some occasional travel to various Harris office locations could be required. Expect one or two site visits per year.What your impact will be:
What we are looking for:
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and monitoring of server and storage hardware to support internal users.
- Hands-on implementation, upgrading, trouble-shooting of server and storage hardware infrastructure
- Lead and/or participate in various projects to plan, design, implement, support and document best practices.
- Define, design and implement server/storage solutions using mixed OS platforms.
- Provide level 3 infrastructure support to internal customers through Incident & Change Management processes.
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Manage the load configuration of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of datacenter environments.
- Coordinate orders and installation, system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing.
- Approve action requests and specify purchase requirements. Negotiate and place orders with approved vendors.
- Interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Exceptional understanding of the requirements needed to design, deploy, manage and maintain complex datacenter environments
- Thorough understanding of VMware and Hyper-V operations and architecture
- Experience with IT Service Management Processes (ITSM) such as Incident & Change Management
- Proven ability to liaise with internal customers with the goal of building customer knowledge, review (sometimes taking ownership and/or explain) major outages and trends, and assist in the development of action plans to eliminate future risk
- Some project management for enhanced system solutions and expansions, from design to implementation, may be required
- Accountable for ensuring service level agreements (SLA's) are achieved/exceeded
- Candidate should possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and must operate efficiently and effectively in a very interactive team environment
- Candidate must be able to work independently with occasional extended and/or after hours
- 5+ years of experience in planning, deploying and troubleshooting datacenter environments
- Basic knowledge of Cloud infrastructure offerings
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or relevant work experience
- Experience with Dell servers and storage solutions
- ITIL Foundations V3 would be considered an asset
- Skills in project planning and execution
- Experience performing security analysis / risk assessments