Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that's you, let's work, learn and grow together. We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Some of what you will do
Under the daily direction of the Team Lead, this part time position will provide assistance to Store and Corporate Support Analysts in achieving phone SLAs. The associate will be required to perform follow up work for the Store and Corporate Support Analysts. Under the guidance of a Senior Analyst, the associate will also perform support work on electronic tickets submitted through Service Now and Voicemail. Specifically, you will:
• Retail / Home Office Support: Some of what you need
• Perform follow up work for Support Services Analyst which will include calling customers to confirm that the problem is resolved and/or sending out required parts to customers for problem resolution. • Assess and escalate electronic tickets submitted through Service Now to appropriate groups. • Log voicemail calls, create Service Now ticket, and perform basic troubleshooting before escalating to appropriate group. • Configure, deliver, and install PCs/Laptops to home office users. • Assist Team Lead in gathering metrics from Service Now system for SLA performance and reporting. (Service Now training will be provided). • Assist in documenting new standard operating procedures for the team. • Special Projects:
• Participate in projects as they arise (i.e. new application / hardware rollouts). • Assist the command centre in managing and directing technicians during rollouts.
• Hands-on experience with Staples Point of Sale systems and store operations. • Strong Customer Service skills. • Familiarity with Windows operating system (XP, Windows 7). • Rudimentary PC troubleshooting and diagnostics. • Ability to work autonomously and think outside of the box. • Strong communication skills both written and verbal. • Must be able lift 30 lbs (size of PC / POS systems). • Able to work in tight spaces (electrical room / under desks). • Valid Ontario Driver's License. • May be required to travel to stores (less than 5% of time). • 6 months to 1 year of experience with working with computers. • High school graduate / equivalent. Some of what you will get
• Associate discount • Learning & Development programs • And more... Additional Information
• Combination of office and Work from home environment