In Home Repair TV & Appliance Technician
Reference ID: 828379
Best Buy is looking to hire dedicated, enthusiasts and experienced In Home-Repair Technicians to join our team for Ottawa Location
Reporting to the In-Home Repair (IHR) Services Manager and working together with the IHR Team Lead, the mobile Technician will travel to customers' homes to diagnose and repair their TV's and appliances in a timely and cost effective manner while providing excellent customer service. The repairs will be performed on customer units encompassing a variety of product brands. The work will be performed under manufacturer's warranty, extended warranty or can be customer paid repairs.
• REPAIRS: Uses service manuals, various service packages, schematics, navigate vendor websites and associated test equipment to troubleshoot and repair software & hardware issues at customers' homes in a timely and cost-effective manner. Work with IHR Manager/IHR Team Lead/vendors/depots/stores to order and receive the necessary parts to complete the repairs, as well as obtain technical support when required. High attention to detail and accuracy is a must. Goal is to achieve a high first time completion rate.
• ADMINISTRATION: Completes all required paperwork and documentation thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner. Exercises care in avoiding errors and re-work, and pays attention to details. Accurately enters appropriate data into the computer system, as required. Maintains paperwork in an organized fashion for easy retrieval and reference
• PRODUCTIVITY: Achieves or exceeds: productivity goals, turnaround time, and repeat repairs performance measures. Identifies processes that negatively impact productivity/efficiency and contributes ideas to improve them.
• TRAINING: Successfully completes all mandated technical and process training and provides technical support to others where required
• SAFETY/SECURITY: Keeps all work areas - within vehicle and within a customers' home - clean, neat and organized. Identifies security risks and takes appropriate corrective measures.
All requirements are based on 3 plus years of experience and include, but are not limited to the following:
• 3+ years' experience in diagnosis and repair of multi brand appliances
• 1+ years In Home Repair Experience
• 1+ years Customer facing experience (customer service/sales)
• 5+ years Valid driver's license with an excellent driving record
• Must pass criminal background check and be legally bondable
• The Technician will be interacting directly with customers and performing work in their homes so good communication skills and strong customer service skills are necessary
• Must have good organizational skills and be a self-starter
• Team work is crucial since the Technician will interact daily with the IHR Team Lead/Manager, store level personnel and depot personnel to complete the job (technical support, parts ordering, administrative tasks etc.)
• Must be computer savvy and have experience with commonly used computer applications including Windows, internet browser and Microsoft Office
• Heavy Lifting required up to 75 lbs
• Consumer Electronics Diploma / Certificate from a recognized institution
• "C.Tech" designation from the Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists (CCTT) preferred
• Multi-brand training certificates and manufacturer authorization preferred
Burnaby, BC based Best Buy Canada Ltd., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fortune 100 company Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY) and is one of Canada's largest and most successful retailers. With more than 12,000 employees across the country, Best Buy Canada Ltd. ( www.bestbuy.ca ) provides an unique and distinct in-store and online consumer offerings, tailored to meet a diverse range of needs. We pride ourselves as being one of the best employers in the country. We offer a competitive benefits package and our Head Office employees enjoy great amenities at our South Burnaby location such as an in-house gym and restaurant facilities, free parking, shuttle service, in-house dry cleaning services and more.
Posted: August 17, 2018
Closes: October 9, 2018