Immigration Support Specialist (Reporting/ Analytics)
Reference ID: TOR003HB
As an Immigration Support Specialist you'll be part of the immigration professionals within EY's Global Immigration network, provide a range of business immigration legal services to multinational clients who require employees to work in locations where the employee requires work authorization from the local authorities. EY Law LLP's immigration team focuses on assisting clients with Canadian and US immigration legal advice and compliance.
Your key responsibilities
The role of Immigration Support Specialist - Reporting/Analytics involves day-to-day support to the client teams with all aspects of reporting and data analytics for Canadian, US and Global immigration accounts. The activities will fall under the supervision of the Manager and/or partner and range from gathering and inputting data, creating files to generating status reports and sending out client emails on behalf of the team. Additional responsibilities will be to support the Data Analytics and Reporting leader with developing and implementing standardised analytics across the practice.
The Immigration Support Specialist - Reporting/Analytics role will be supervised and have limited contact with corporate clients. The individual in this role must have a very good grasp of technology used for producing reports and stats, in addition to strong organisational skills.
• Creating and maintaining standard reporting functionality
• Gather and prepare data from multiple sources to support information analytics
• Managing ongoing technology projects within the Immigration practice
• Creating and preparing compliance/ engagement related reports
• Providing ad hoc support to team members when working on projects, document production, etc.
• Preparation of standard application forms
• Faxing and photocopying correspondence and documents
• General filing of client documents and file retrieval
• Accessing email and voicemail for team in their absence
• Delegate appropriate work to group admin assist
• Participate actively in team meetings
• Drafting of basic visa applications and supporting documentation
• Using standard email directory to prepare letters for team to government authorities and clients
• Assisting with Immigration clerk caseload as required in their absence
Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent organizational skills and project management skills
• Good communication skills - verbal and written
• High attention to detail, with high administrative accuracy
• Analytical skills to consolidate disparate information and apply to a directed strategy and template
• Proven writing skills, including the ability to present information in a clear and organized manner
• Ability to assimilate and apply skills to new client account
• Attend and participate in weekly team and client meetings as scheduled
To qualify for the role you must have
• Business or technology university/college program
• Advanced knowledge in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Ideally, you'll also have
• Experience with data analytics software is beneficial
• Effectively manage multiple tasks, in large volume, in a fast-paced environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: January 15, 2019
Closes: March 16, 2019