Immigration Support Specialist – Ottawa Centre
Reference ID: OTT000FV
As an Immigration Support Specialist you'll be part of the immigration professionals within EY's Global Immigration network, provide a range of business immigration legal services to multinational clients who require employees to work in locations where the employee requires work authorization from the local authorities. EY Law LLP's immigration team focuses on assisting clients with Canadian and US immigration legal advice and compliance.
Your key responsibilities
The role of Immigration Support Specialist - Ottawa Centre within EY Law LLP involves day-to-day administrative and paralegal support of engagement teams across Canada in all aspects of the provision of immigration legal services. Although the activities of the Immigration Support Specialist - Ottawa Centre will fall under the supervision of a Manager, the Ottawa Centre will support broader engagement teams in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal.
You'll provide primary administrative support responsibilities center on assisting with data gathering activities:
• Sending out templated emails requesting information
• Receiving and sorting information from corporate clients and the individual employee
• Updating databases
• Chasing missing information
Your primary paralegal activities include:
• Consolidating information for attorney analysis
• Conducting preliminary data analysis for attorney review
• Applying attorney analysis to prepare initial drafts of application forms, support letters, and other application materials - based on templates and precedents
Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent organizational skills
• High attention to detail, with high administrative accuracy
• Analytical skills to consolidate disparate information and apply to a directed strategy and template
• Proven writing skills, including the ability to present information in a clear and organized manner
• Build knowledge of firm and client processes
• Develop understanding of basic immigration processing categories and requirements
• Attend and participate in weekly team and client meetings as scheduled
• Show initiative to identify issues and provide creative solutions and suggestions
• Support the engagement with process and operation initiatives through suggestions and feedback, and active participation in continuous improvement efforts
• Willingness to work occasional overtime hours to meet important deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
• Minimum of an Ontario college diploma (or equivalent) in immigration studies, paralegal, legal administration, business, communications, public administration, or other related discipline
• No prior employment experience required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft PowerPoint or INSZoom an asset but not required
Ideally, you'll also have
• Effectively manage multiple tasks, in large volume, in a fast-paced environment
• Effectively communicate verbally and in writing in a timely and professional manner
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: March 20, 2019
Closes: May 19, 2019