As an Immigration Support Specialist, you will be part of our EY Law LLP team to provide our clients with integrated, quality services. You will manage a range of business Immigration services to multinational clients who recruit employees to work and live in both Canada, the US and globally. Your key responsibilities
As and Immigration Support Specialist, you will provide day-to-day support in the office to the staff, senior and management team in all aspects of Canadian, US and global business immigration client accounts. This would require you to:
• Gather, modify, create, maintain, and track data and complex reports for client engagements
• Provide support with regular billing matters and financial management, including creating invoice request forms, liaising with the national finance team, reconciling expenses and taking care of accounts receivable
• Leverage technology resources to ensure the immigration group is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible
• Drive administrative functions, provide guidance to immigration administrative staff and divide responsibilities of administrative team to ensure efficient performance
• Prepare process maps, instructions and training manuals and lead conversations to ensure that resources accurately input data information and perform tasks as requested
• Ensure that documents are saved and filed into the appropriate workspaces/folders
• Prepare reports, presentations and/or proposals as assigned by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, printing and transmitting text, data and graphics using office software applications
• Liaise on a regular basis with support teams located throughout EY's international network
• Assist in immigration petition preparation and compilation on an as-needed basis during periods of unusually high volume
• Offer recommendations for improvements to drive efficiencies in process
• Assist with process improvement implementation, change management and training Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Keen attention to detail with demonstrated ability to understand the big picture
• Proactive, efficient, client-focused and able to work under pressure with tight timelines
• Able to exercise independent judgment and interact effectively with law firm staff and attorneys
• Demonstrate a team-oriented approach and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
• Possess initiative, discretion, good judgment, organizational ability as well as the ability to handle confidential information
• Eager to learn new technologies and further develop existing technology skills.
• Effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects and competing deadlines with minimal supervision
• Adapt to changing priorities and remain flexible to meet client and attorney needs, take initiative and anticipate what is required to accomplish various goals.
• Demonstrate an ability to understand and follow specific, detailed instructions To qualify for the role you must have
• Outstanding administrative and communication skills, mature business sense, and ability to perform in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment
• Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Demonstrate an ability to understand and follow specific, detailed instructions
• Experience generating billings to external clients and managing Accounts Receivable
• Experience reconciling expenses and work in progress reports
• Strong knowledge of and ability to apply office software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and PDF. What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.