Requisition ID: 106332
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
Responsible for synthesizing and analyzing HR data to distill actionable insights to address key global HR issues and challenges. This roles supports the delivery of HR insights and supports the identification of needs in collaboration with HR and business stakeholders. Accountabilities
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout the team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provides HR insight consultative services to Business HR, COEs and Employee Services by supporting the design, execution, and presentation of results from HR data impacting the talent lifecycle, including headcount and workforce planning, talent management, career development, diversity and inclusion, organizational effectiveness, engagement, company culture, and retention.
- Provides subject matter expertise regarding data, systems and the business.
- Supports the definition, review and assessment of business requirements that guide the development of HR reports for multiple stakeholders within HR and the business.
- Supports the development and enhancement of automated solutions by defining high level business requirements and partners with peers in the HR reporting team to define scope of work for future enhancements.
- Represents HR and business needs during the design and rollout of reporting solutions.
- Partners with team members across HR to pilot data solutions that support business strategy.
- Supports continuous improvement in data quality, data management practices, and standard tools and capabilities.
- Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Post-secondary Degree or Masters in Human Resources or Business or related field
- CHRL designation; extensive experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of Human Resource policies, procedures, systems and operational processes would be an asset
- Deep expertise in analytics
- Strong experience with Excel, VBA, PowerBI, Phython, SuccessFactors, SQL, Pega case management, and process improvements
- Sound judgement to evaluate and analyze information, and effectively resolve issues
- Excellent math abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- Deep expertise in HR Strategy and a strong understanding across all areas of HR
- Ability to advise and produce thought leadership on key HR challenges, and opportunities
- Fluent in Spanish (reading and writing)
- Extensive experience in Human Resources would be an asset
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Bank policies and procedures would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of organizational structure and complexity
- Drives innovative solutions that create value for HR partners
- Ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and results
- Champions the execution of HR strategy and influence others
- Understanding of key business drivers and context of external environment
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance