Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
People and culture are at the center of everything we do and one of our most important priorities, the Toronto Blue Jays
are looking for an HR Manager
who embodies our values and will be a culture-add to our organization.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources the HR Manager will be part of a small team with big plans; this means more opportunities to directly shape the people and culture agenda, the ability to interact across all levels of the business and a requirement to manage your own day-to-day administration and operations. The HR Manager will be located at the Rogers Centre once COVID-19 restrictions lift and will help create our safe return to office plan.
To be successful in this role you must be:
- highly adaptable, including an ability to run with limited information and can change course as more information becomes available
- solutions focused with a degree of comfort in thinking through and recommending 'outside of the box' ideas
- highly engaged in the work resulting in a hands-on approach, yet can identify when to step back and lead from behind
- the kind of person who loves "rolling up your sleeves" and providing support where and as needed - as part of a small team, we do a bit of everything
Knowledge & Experience: Must haves
- Provide tailored support and service delivery in all areas: recruitment (both full and part time staff), diversity, equity & inclusion, organizational training and development, compensation, workforce planning and administration, etc.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the organization as a thought partner
- Develop an awareness of business challenges and objectives and be proactive in approach
- Stay linked to the pulse of the organization and act as a conduit back to HR and business leaders
- Assist the HR Director with policy design and execution, legislative and compliance auditing, general administration and other duties as assigned
- Provide exceptional service to support your team and clients, this may mean working evenings, weekends and holidays from time to time
Nice to haves
- An experienced human resources professional who is comfortable working in an unstructured environment and with a highly collaborative team
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to impact at all levels of the organization
- Desire and ability to see complex problems through to solution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Canadian employment laws and regulations, provincially regulated business preferred
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and process work with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Technically savvy, through experience using Microsoft Office tools, human capital management systems, applicant tracking systems and timekeeping software
- Practical experience leading cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree in related field
- CHRP/CHRL (or in progress)
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ . Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Flex Time Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Human Resources & HR Generalist Requisition ID:
Posting Notes: Media Job Segment:
Equity, Network, Manager, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Finance, Management
Find similar jobs: