You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
KPMG is looking to add a talented HR Consultant to join the Regions East HR team. This is a managerial role that will take direction from the HR Director to execute and operationalize on people initiatives across Regions East. The HR Consultant plays a key role in delivering support to the business across the region through delivering on our Business Enablement vision and 'How can I help you' service culture. If you are someone who would like to support a team that is "doing and thinking differently" and are not afraid of bringing new ideas and fresh perspectives to the table, then we want to hear from you! What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Support the implementation of talent strategies and plans aligned with business needs with direction from the HR Director.
- Provide support to the client on HR annual process including: Global People Survey, Functional engagement initiatives, pay planning, talent reviews.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Develop Leaders and People Leader Team, and provide support in the execution of their accountabilities and the implementation of HR programs and processes.
- Partner with the business to create and implement employee engagement plans developed based on qualitative data collected from employees (stay interviews, exit interviews and focus groups etc.)
- Provide support for the HR Director in various HR related topics including research, preparation of spreadsheets, and creation of PowerPoint presentations on various relevant HR topics, trends and initiatives. Highlighting opportunities that deliver value and impact to the business.
- Support leaders and their teams in creating a diverse and inclusive work environment by identifying opportunities to embed diversity and inclusion in processes and programs.
- Partner with the Centres of Excellence such as Total Rewards, Inclusion and Diversity or Employee Relations (ERS) as needed.
- Support the client to address a wide variety of sensitive and confidential employee issues including the ERS team as required.
- Participate as a project team member on HR and People initiatives.
Keys to your success:
- Bachelor's degree in HR or a related field and post-secondary diploma or certificate in HR. A CPHR designation awarded or in process is considered an asset.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Human Resources in a fast-paced, corporate environment.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities for multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal clients, gain credibility, challenge the norm and be viewed as a trusted advisor.
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills with the ability to work in a changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- An ability and familiarity to work well in a corporate shared services, team environment.
- Self-starter who identifies problems and suggests solutions naturally.
- Excellent proficiency with PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Outstanding communication skills (oral & written), with the ability to interact confidently with all levels of management
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to coach and develop others
- Excellent problem solving skills with the quick aptitude to apply sound judgement to different scenarios
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org