Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The TDBG Organization Effectiveness Advisory & Governance Team (OE) is a Centre of Excellence which supports businesses across the enterprise on the analysis, development and implementation of organization design and organization effectiveness initiatives and corresponding governance policies. The OE team operates as an internal consulting practice and works closely with HR business partners and senior business leaders to support business strategy and sustained performance. The Enterprise Competency Centre with the OE COE is a specialized team Job Description
As a member of the Enterprise Competency Centre within the OE COE, you will acts as the primary point of contact and strategic partner to business leaders, HRBP and Talent COE leads, like L&D, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management in the development of Competency Models. You will play a pivotal role in competency projects across the enterprise, including facilitating development workshops, developing project plans, assembling research and insights, providing competency expertise, developing actionable recommendations and preparing presentations and documents.
As a Specialized HR Manager in the Enterprise Competency Centre, you are well positioned as a professional who has strong business acumen, analysis, communications and stakeholder management skills.
Reporting to a Senior OE Advisor, your primary accountabilities include:
- Building on an established job architecture, leads the development of Competency Frameworks (relevant knowledge, skills and abilities) across all business lines and functions
- Using a consultative approach, develops effective solutions to address competency development needs
- Negotiate, influence, and build strong relationships with business leaders, subject matter experts, and HR partners to understand business strategy and talent needs
- Provide competency advisory expertise and thought leadership to key stakeholders, including but not limited to new and emerging competency solutions and industry trends and best practices
- Champions the use and integration of competencies within the organization
- Partners with Talent CoE stakeholders to integrate competencies into talent management processes
- Refines competency tools, guidelines, frameworks and processes - identify and implement process improvements that reduce costs or create capacity
- Maintains the enterprise competency library; updating competencies and ensuring governance in the application and use of competencies across the organization
- Package and present meaningful data and/or research into the development of competency models
- Manage issues or escalations in relation to the competency centre
- Develop and leverage relationships with external talent partners on best-in-class competency services
- Provide updates and report on the development of competency models and materials as well as contribute to the competency centre roadmap
- Actively seek feedback from users and support areas including the various COE leads
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving business requirements and assess potential impacts
- Adheres to enterprise frameworks or methodologies; maintains a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes in alignment with risk appetite
- Contributes to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in competency development, talent management or organizational effectiveness strategies / projects - consulting experience an asset
- Strong ability to organize and present complex information/concepts in a persuasive manner, tailored to the audience
- Experience with workshop design and meeting facilitation required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Ability to scan the market and provide best-practice research and insights
- Enjoy working on complex issues and generating business-oriented, creative solutions
- Strong planning and project management skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities; with a high attention to detail and ability to consider a broader perspective
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) is essential
- Undergraduate degree in HR, or Organizational Development / Behaviour. Post graduate degree in industrial and organizational psychology is an asset
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.