HR Business Partner, Amazon Toronto
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our HR team in Toronto. If you're passionate about customers, continually curious about tech, and looking for an opportunity to help build our presence and Amazon culture in Toronto, this role is for you.
The HR Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our Engineering population in Toronto, as well as acting as part of the growing HR team leading the strategy to drive the evolution of the Amazon employment brand within Canada. The HRBP is the connection between the business line (Seattle) and HR to assess trends in areas such as engagement and retention, performance management and compensation, career and leadership development.
At Amazon, we hire individuals who are customer-obsessed self-starters. We seek to hire the best talent and provide experiences to foster their development into future HR leaders. Amazon looks for individuals who can think strategically as well as roll up their sleeves and dive deep into practical application. We are looking for HR professionals who have the ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive innovative solutions. The role will require the ability to establish HR priorities and operating mechanisms to drive change. The person in this role must be exceptional at building relationships with all levels of employees and leaders. You'll need excellent communication skills, strategic thinking and planning ability, and the agility to function in a fast paced and innovative environment. At Amazon we love data! Ideally, you love gathering and analyzing data to recommend talent solutions that drive positive change.
• General HR support, in partnership with Toronto HR team, for Amazon Toronto employees and managers.
• Partner with remote HR teams (in Seattle, WA) and HR Manager in Toronto to coach employees and leaders through performance issues and employee relations concerns.
• Partner closely with Toronto and Seattle HR teams to support rollout of ongoing programs and initiatives across Amazon. (i.e. Annual Review Program, Compensation Planning, Promotions)
• Partner closely with the HRBP and HR Manager in Toronto to support employee relations, talent management, training & development and employee recognition programs being offered locally.
• Build and maintain strong partnerships across the HR team, HR Specialist groups (COEs), and across multiple lines of business in Toronto.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
•5-8 years of experience in an HR generalist in a TECH environment
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree in HR or related fieldPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with high growth, ambiguous and changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
• True hands-on approach as well as demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships virtually
• Ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions independently
• Demonstrated written communication skills and ability to influence change in written form
• Influencing skills and interfacing with senior members of the business.
• Ability to show effective use of analytics and data
• Ability to embrace the larger, broader picture, and use good judgment while also focusing on details and critical thinking
• Demonstrated business acumen and leadership ability
• Strong internal and external customer service focus
• Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level of energy and sense of humour
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.