All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Our Associate Programs offer new graduates the opportunity to work in one of TD's many lines of business, and the chance to work on challenging projects and assignments, alongside experienced colleagues, and receive coaching and mentorship from business leaders and the Early Talent Experience team, to set you up for success in your career at TD. Associate Role Profile:
2-year rotational journey (rotating every 6 months) across various groups, complemented by programming, coaching, tools and support. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be assisted in securing a full-time permanent role.
As an Associate, you will also have access to programming, tools and a community of support for your pursuits and interests beyond the 9-5. This includes leadership talks, lunch and learns, self-development workshops, TD sponsored conferences, socials, team challenges, volunteer opportunities, career coaching and more. You will be part of a cohort along with other TD Associates from across Canada! If one of our over 20+ Associate programs is of interest to you, please read on and apply today. Why work at TD?
TD is a great organization powered by great people who want to make a difference every day. Our 85,000+ employees worldwide are a big part of what makes TD stand out from other organizations. Every day, we deliver legendary customer and client experiences to our approximately 20.5 million customers. We're an award-winning organization that is continuously recognized for being an extraordinary place to work - one that embraces diversity; welcomes, respects and values every colleague and customer; and constantly reinvents itself to ensure future growth. Why HR?
Human Resources is a strategic corporate function within TD, with 1,000+ colleagues in offices in Canada, the United States, the UK and Singapore. We partner with our businesses to understand their needs and create people strategies and solutions to support our business goals. We are recognized as a catalyst for high performance and enabling efficient and effective business outcomes, and coach leaders to develop their capabilities to deliver productive collaboration, sound decision-making and engagement. Job Description Your career within the HR Rotational Associate Program:
The HR rotational program is designed to attract and develop top talent that is interested in expanding their career within our HR organization. Over a two-year period, you will experience four, 6-month rotations that will allow you to gain exposure, experience, breadth and depth in selected teams. Rotations will be provided based on business need and individual strengths, development opportunities, and career aspirations. Rotations will be offered in the following areas:
How will you contribute?
- HR Business Partner Team(s)
- HR Advice
- Total Rewards
- Talent Management
- Organization Effectiveness
- Learning & Development
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Talent Acquisition
- Retirement & Benefits
- Strategic Initiatives and Project or Transformation Teams
While having access to mentorship, strong talent developers as people managers, and exposure to leaders and experts in various domains - you will also be expected to work independently and apply specialized technical, business, and functional knowledge to the areas you support. Key Accountabilities:
Think Like a Customer:
- Support program development, delivery, and supporting change and communication strategies
- Work closely with HR partners, and external service providers (where appropriate) to resolve issues, streamline processes and implement solutions that enhance the colleague experience
Execute with Speed & Impact:
- Conduct internal and external research projects
- Participate in cross-functional / enterprise-wide initiatives
- Actively manage relationships within and across various business lines, corporate and/or control functions
Act Like an Owner & Innovate with Purpose:
- Support a positive work environment that promotes business-centric solutions, innovation, quality and teamwork
- Keep current on emerging trends/ developments and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques
- Provide thought leadership and/ or industry knowledge, leveraging external research
- Contribute to team development through mentorship of others and by sharing knowledge and experiences and leveraging best practices
- Lead, motivate and develop relationships with internal and external business partners / stakeholders to develop productive working relationships
- Contribute to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce
Breadth & Depth
- Work independently as the subject matter expert, owning key deliverables end-to-end
- Require advanced technical, business, functional knowledge for areas supported
- Apply expert knowledge of HR policies, processes, procedures, systems, concepts and operating standards to drive unit or team performance
- Execute on multiple priorities and more complex and/or non-standard requests
- Recommend and implement solutions within own area of responsibility
- Must be graduated between May 2020 and May 2022 with a master's degree in one of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Organizational Behaviour, or related
- 3-5 years of professional experience; experience in one or more HR domains is an asset
- Critical thinker and research oriented - ability to see the "big picture" in a complex, matrixed environment
- Adaptability with a proven record of operating in an ever-changing environment, navigating through ambiguity
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be effective in both a team and independent working environment
- Intellectually curious with the desire to learn and make an impact
- Problem-solver with analytical capability
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products with advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Application Deadline: September 19 th , 2021
- Anticipated Start Date: July 4 th , 2022 (pending academic completion)
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.