100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Business ManagementHead, Strategic Planning and Business Management
Supporting BMO's Chief Human Resources Officer and Head, People & Culture, this role is accountable for input, and execution of the strategic priorities for the group, including leading the annual strategic planning process for HR. A key member of the People & Culture Operating Committee who champions winning culture and brings a continuous improvement mindset with a view to improving HR division operations and engagement. Overseeing a team of 2 direct reports, a Communications & Engagement Advisor as well as a Project Manager while indirectly working across multiple stakeholder groups internally and externally.
This role gathers and integrates information to promote the effective and profitable operation of the team and enhances the Bank's profile in the marketplace. In addition, partners with stakeholders to interpret financial and business results, understands the operating environment & emerging trends and provides planning, support and recommendations to improve operational effectiveness and tracks achievement of objectives. Responsible for the effective management of risk, including operational and compliance risk and management of the attestation/reporting process specific to the business. Provides strategic counsel on community/industry events and directs and coordinates the logistics of these events. Supports the development of effective, consistent communications for the CHRO and for the leadership team.Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
Leads operational management for the Office of the CHRO
- Plays leadership role to establish multi-year priorities, annual goals, key metrics, and process for ongoing tracking of performance. Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
Supports the execution of strategic initiatives and business programs in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Supports CHRO on key operational risk activities including the quarterly attestation process and required follow-up.
- Plans and manages HR leadership forums including weekly meetings and leadership team offsites
- Supports CHRO to prepare for senior leadership forums including the Human Resources Committee of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee and acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for inquiries to the CHRO, managing the process and communication and follow up to key stakeholders.
- Partners with HR Business Managers to support key HR leadership activities and gain insight to inform effective engagement strategies across the division.
Leads divisional team engagement activities to foster winning culture
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
Supports CHRO communication, brand and community activities
- Partners with HR Winning Culture Activator to develop strategies for advancing winning culture within People & Culture.
- Partners with Corporate Communications to develop and execute HR communication strategy
- Plans and executes division-wide events on behalf of CHRO including townhalls and business strategy sessions
- Strategically manages HR communication channels to amplify key messages, engage team and drive action.
- Partners with key stakeholders to plan and roll-out enterprise programs and special events including the Employee Giving Campaign.
- Provides strategic direction on the implementation of digital engagement platforms e.g., 10,000 Coffees.
- Supports CHRO external board leadership activities including planning and execution of events.
- Partners with key stakeholders to develop and execute CHRO brand and communication strategy.
- Engages with external stakeholders to identify partnership and media opportunities, speaking engagements, industry events and thought leader forum participation on behalf of CHRO.
Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed. Qualifications:
We're here to help
- Typically, 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Administrative Management and Executive