Requisition ID: 96850
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The team
Global Network Engineering (GNE) delivers secure and efficient network engineering services globally, including connectivity for employees, internal systems, third parties and customers. Scotiabank has established a strong global operating model and robust connectivity is crucial to its success.
Working with various Global Technology Services (GTS) / Chief Information Office (CIO) stakeholders, the GTS Network Engineering team provides detailed designs, builds and deploys infrastructure, and engages in level 3 / escalation support on key network, infrastructure, platform, and system services across the enterprise.
The team operates in a full stack engineering capacity and is directly aligned with GTS Architecture and from plan to build before transitioning to run. The role
Reporting directly to the Vice President of GTS Engineering & Architecture, you are responsible for leading and managing the GNE team. The leader in this role ensures that capability aligns with business requirements and expectations. You are a hands-on leader with extensive domain expertise and credibility who can effectively lead and develop a highly technical team . Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You will lead and oversee the GNE function within GTS.
- You will lead and oversee the engineering of secure and efficient network services, globally, including connectivity for employees, internal systems, third parties and customers.
- You will leverage your extensive domain expertise in areas such as, but not limited to: LAN/WAN/MAN, Wireless, DNS, LB, SDN, Security/Firewall, VPN, Remote access, Telecom, Voice, Contact Centre Technologies (CCT), Session Border Controller (SBC), Video, Chat, Presence & Unified Communications (UC) technologies to lead a highly technical team.
- You will design and communicate a clear strategy and vision for the evolution of the network design and telecommunications platforms across multiple geographies and systems. Ensures the strategy and vision are aligned with GTS architecture standards and patterns and business needs.
- Across diverse geographies, you will lead and develop a skilled, capable team, and manage key relationships and contracts to support the delivery of voice, data, and video network services to all devices.
- You will contribute to the establishment and evolution of network technology standards. While leading and influence the execution of these standards, globally. Ensuring that operational experiences and best practices are incorporated in the evolution of standards.
What's in it for you?
- You have at least 12+ years of progressive technical working experience in the networking, UC, and security domains.
- You also have at least 7+ years of working experience in a technical leadership role.
- You possess very good communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English to effectively interact with all levels of management & audiences, business and/or technical. The same in Spanish is a definite asset.
- You have a demonstrated history as a highly skilled people leader who can maintain a technology domain of expertise in Networking & UC simultaneously.
- You can lead highly complex initiatives that require an in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- You can effectively provide a focused perspective, input, and decision-making skills in the area of Networking & UC.
- You possess the ability to translate highly complex concepts for the team, peers and internal customers.
- Your body of work includes experience as a key technical partner in global technology transformation efforts, demonstrating the ability to inspire and align diverse technologists, drive efficient and effective decision making, and to deliver and support a robust infrastructure technology.
- You can demonstrate and maintain knowledge of networking and IT security technologies, including but not limited to TCP/IP and routing protocols (e.g., BGP), SD-WAN, network acceleration and compression technologies, wireless, MPLS and carrier ethernet services, load balancing, DNS, firewalls, and DLP technologies.
- You have a post-secondary education in Computer Science/Network Engineering or technical equivalence.
- You will stay on the leading edge of Networking & UC technology and adoption as Scotiabank continues its aggressive digital transformation. The Bank will provide a dynamic, fast-paced, flexible and very progressive working environment that will allow your creativity and energy to prosper and thrive.
- You will have the opportunity manage other senior leaders and develop a highly technical team.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- While we currently work remotely from home, when it's safe to physically return to work, your primary office could be in Toronto or in Scarborough.
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Furnished with an onsite cafeteria that serves hot foods, salads, sandwiches & snacks + a Tim Horton's kiosk.
- Equipped for breaks with table tennis, table soccer, pool table & TV's. Our lounges have fridges, microwaves, complimentary hot beverage stations & water dispensers.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2. Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations. 2022 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit with the Birchmount stop that's steps away.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
- Located steps from TTC's King 504 streetcar stop, which gets you to TTC's Line 1 subway stops at King or St. Andrew stations, and its connection to GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station.
- Also located steps from TTC's 511 Bathurst streetcar stop, which is a transfer point from TTC's Line 2 subway stop at Bathurst station.
- If you really want to drive to work, it's minutes away from the Gardiner Expressway / Lakeshore Boulevard West.
- You have card access to The Commons, a dining space at Scotia Plaza for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. Also, The Bean serves hot/cold beverages & snacks.
- Our location has a lunch room with TV screens, fridges, microwaves & vending machines. It's also in a dynamic & flourishing neighbourhood that is home to many nearby top Toronto restaurants/bars & fast-food options. Nearby amenities include a running club, florist, pharmacy, convenience stores, supermarket, LCBO, coffee shops.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Medical, Engineer, Network Engineer, Finance, Healthcare, Engineering
Banking, Finance and Insurance