Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada's leading digital bank, Tangerine has a clear and well supported mandate: to leverage the absolute best and brightest minds to re-imagine the experience of our customers for the digital age. We function as an Agile team with an intense focus on human-centered Design, customer experience, rapid iteration, improvement and quality for delivering software on a daily basis. We have the support and experience of Scotiabank, one of the world's largest banks behind us and a growing team of talented industry leaders driving us forward. We're looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done. Is this Role right for You?
Skills you need to Succeed?
- You will play a leadership role in the design decisions for digital experiences that touch millions of users every day.
- You will understand our Clients' motivations and needs, leveraging rigorous design research and usability principles as well as your intuitive design sense.
- You will take a strategic role in defining the Client Experience of tomorrow.
- You will champion a customer-focused, design-led high performance and inclusive culture.
- You will evolve Tangerine's "Lighthouse" - our Design Standards System to ensure consistency in Design decisions across the bank.
- You will also advocate for accessible design principles and implementation.
- You will manage Tangerine's Client Labs, which ensures Clients are engaged at pivotal, strategic moments to understand Clients' needs and to engage Clients to provide Tangerine with feedback on innovations to the Client Experience.
- You will lead the measurement of Tangerine's Client Experience including the internal real-time NPS, competitive NPS and other external benchmarks on an ongoing basis.
- You will provide mentorship, feedback and coaching to hire and grow a team of Product and Service Designers and Researchers.
- You will ensure a strong connection between Product Designers and Service Designers and Researchers and foster a strong community of designers.
- You will manage vendor relationships for design tools and services.
- You will perform in an open environment, striving to be persuasive and engaging while being self-driven.
- You will understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- You will actively pursue effective and efficient operations of your respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
What's in it for you.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience designing responsive web and/or native mobile software applications with a minimum of 4 years in a leadership capacity.
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design or related fields (or equivalent work experience).
- Ability to communicate using rapid visual design techniques.
- A demonstrable portfolio of work (professional and personal) which showcases the projects you have worked on and includes examples of your story-telling skills, from low-fidelity sketches through to detailed designs.
- A demonstrable history of applying design thinking tenants and user centered design principles to challenges at work or in everyday life.
- Mastery of Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite, along with proficiency in prototyping software (Invision, Axure, Proto.io, etc.)
- Strong facilitation skills.
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner.
- Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion.
- Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working creatively within specific constraints.
- Ability to work within a brand and style toolkit with a desire to push existing standards to the next level.
- A fast learner who has an appetite to learn what's behind both simple and complex financial solutions.
- Ability to build and execute design research methodologies or user testing protocols in a rapid development environment.
- Demonstrated interest in tangential fields like typography, design research, big data, fine art, music, writing and communications, etc.
- Background in Fintech or other financial related product fields.
- You'll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team
- We offer a competitive rewards package
- Performance bonus, Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching
- Health Benefits from day one!
- Office perks: free healthy snacks (chocolate is healthy, right?) subsidized on-site cafeteria and parking
- You will enjoy work life balance, team events, and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Web Design, Finance, Technology, Creative, Research
Banking, Finance and Insurance