100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Provides management consulting services and technology/industry expertise in support of business and enterprise needs. Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, to facilitate the organization's goals by understanding business vision, objectives, and key performance indicators. Aligns technology requirements and solutions to a real business need, meets essential quality standards, and ensures approval by all relevant stakeholders. Acts as a consultant to business partners in collaboration with the project team in strategy and planning sessions (e.g. multi-year and annual plans), reviews, or inspections to ensure the quality of work products. Promotes new processes and methodologies, emerging technologies, and agile, and aligns to the unique project team requirements.
We're here to help
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Drives innovation through observation of common customer problems to identify emerging customer needs and pain points, alternative or emerging solutions, and opportunities for rationalization among existing solutions.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Establishes deep relationships at all levels within IT and business units to effectively collaborate in identifying new technological directions for the business strategy and to provide input into the roadmaps for these solutions.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options, and assessing expected return on investment.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Defines business requirements for analytics and reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Presents and communicates at all levels within IT and across businesses / groups.
- Facilitates / leads requirements, storyboarding, epic descriptions, and other mechanisms to clearly articulate business goals and actions.
- Completes root-cause analysis to determine underlying causes and participates in problem resolution for complex issues at all levels.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the IT consulting capability (e.g. shares expertise to promote technical development, mentors employees, builds communities of practice and networks across technology).
- Understands and follows a project requirements management plan so that activities and milestones of the project team can be measured against the goals of the plan.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a disciplined approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate, and manage business requirements with stakeholders; applies a variety of elicitation techniques to probe, challenge, and understand requirements.
- Provides analytical support and insights to identified / assigned user areas to support relative product, channel, and business development initiatives (e.g. product, portfolio, and profitability analytics, and customer analytics).
- Collaborates in root-cause analysis to determine underlying causes and participates in problem resolution.
- Builds exceptional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaises with the business and the technology development and support groups.
- Aligns business needs to vision/goals to ensure development teams to translate them into detailed design specifications and code.
- Assess project impact, benefits, and risks when scope changes.
- Communicates and engages across stakeholder groups during construction and delivery of solutions.
- Assesses the quality of supporting documentation, including business and process requirements documents, to ensure proper analysis supports recommendations or demonstrate continued alignment to strategic objectives.
- Develops a deep understanding of organizational complexity to build strong rapport with internal stakeholders for the construction and delivery of the solution.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through benchmarking and/or participation in professional associations.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Business Analysis Accreditation is an asset.
- Knowledge of software development practice, concepts/methodologies (i.e. waterfall, Agile, iterative), and technologies obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of one or more requirements analysis and problem decomposition techniques.
- Knowledge of technical/business environment (e.g. Microsoft business technologies and applications, relational databases, and SharePoint).
- Understanding of industry standards and standard business capabilities.
- Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project lifecycle.
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem solving ability of Information Technology of various complexities.
- Understanding of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centered design within the context of the organizational standards.
- Familiar with business strategy and assessments (i.e. feasibility studies, business cases and/or cost/benefit, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessments).
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.