100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Provides expert advice and counsel related to talent management strategy and design through a variety of business/group & leadership engagements to execute the talent strategy and support the business/group strategy. Supports/defines the strategic direction, governance design, program design and execution of the talent management specialty or program.. Completes specific operational / strategic work to deliver business results and/or minimize risk.
We're here to help
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Designs, develops and implements multi-year strategy (including governance design, program design, operating framework, tools and processes).
- Develops policy positions taking into account legislative requirements.
- Monitors program effectiveness and efficiency ensuing SLAs are met and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Develops talent management communications for senior leader and Board of Director meetings, as required.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Leads/oversees the management of vendor relationships and provides guidelines for execution; ensures that all agreements are met as per requirements.
- Leads/supports contract negotiations with vendors, balancing cost, risk and performance.
- Develops and manages a business/group program.
- Reviews the program for effectiveness, considers industry trends and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of talent management solutions.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide talent management insights and recommendations; may include metrics/information on workforce plans & forecasts including talent pool gaps and diversity & inclusion.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues; may include reporting on workforce plans & forecasts including talent pool gaps and diversity & inclusion metrics. Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Provides input to the development of the enterprise talent management strategies and contributes to and continually improves talent management principles, process and tools
- Resolves most issues within policy and/or escalates with appropriate analysis and recommendation
- Collaborates with internal & external stakeholders to provide business context in the design, develop and implementation of talent management solutions.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Enhances subject matter expertise and keeps abreast of talent management trends by reading journals and articles, and assists in the research, assessment and customization of internal and external information relevant to the theory and practice of talent management.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in talent management strategies and programs.
- Strategic thinking - Expert.
- Project management / program management - Expert.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.