What is the Opportunity?
The role of an RBC Group Benefits Advisor is unique to the industry and ideal for those with an entrepreneurial spirit and an interest in building a business. It is a hybrid opportunity that allows you to benefit from various lead generating distribution partnerships while maintaining control of the sales process. You will be responsible for selling, servicing and retaining customized group benefits solutions. You will be required to effectively build relationships with Dominion Securities (DS) clients in DS locations within your assigned territory. As part of the high net worth insurance team you will collaborate with industry leading insurance professionals to provide a one of a kind customer experience with "Concierge Service" that our DS clients have come to expect and appreciate.What will you do?
- Contribute to developing a new way to distribute group benefits in Canada
What will you need to be successful?
- Partner with DS Advisors to ensure their business owner and executive clients have the most effective group benefits solutions for their organizations.
- Enhance the overall RBC value proposition by offering referred clients technical expertise while uncovering any unmet financial needs or opportunities to transfer risk
- Simplify complex concepts and guide clients thought RBC's extensive network of insurance and financial professionals
- Develop client acquisition opportunities by building strong internal & external networks and establishing yourself as a key player in the benefits community.
- Lead renewal discussions and negotiations with clients to ensure they have a sustainable offering that fits with their organizations budget, culture and strategy.
Nice to have
- LLQP (Life License)
- 3 to 5 years of group benefits sales experience
- Polished professional with experience servicing high net worth clients
- Strong presentation skills and ability to impact and influence
- A talent for listening, establishing trust with prospects, and dedicated to finding the right solutions for clients
What's in it for you?
- In addition to fluency in English, French language capabilities are an asset
- CEBS GBA 1 and GBA 2 or willing to obtain
- University Degree
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards package including flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions and Stock
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible working environment with full mobility
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Financial strength and a strong brand
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.JOB SUMMARY City: Toronto/Montreal
Address: Your Home Office
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Your Home Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Commission
Required Travel (%): 76-100
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 06/25/2021
Req ID: 370964 Posting Notes:
Sales and Marketing