250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Establishes specialized support service in a specific function or technology. Fulfills transactions, internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests, and/or audit/ reconciliation activities in accordance with Bank and industry standards. Follows procedures in the analysis and resolution of internal and external inquiries, requests and issues, ranging from routine transactions to complex portfolio management referring more complex issues to senior team members and/or manager.
We're here to help
- Manages and monitors a complex portfolio of work representing a significant amount of risk.
- Coordinates and schedules work flow, including approving transactions, and act as the main escalation point for business challenges, as delegated.
- Assigns work accordingly to team/ staff members, ensures adequate work flow and meet various cut-off times during the day, as delegated.
- Identifies potential risk situations/impacts, makes recommendations or escalates to the manager, and ensures contingency plans exist.
- Liaises with Corporate Compliance and Legal regarding regulatory changes and resolution of customer issues.
- Cultivates productive relationships within the line of business (LOB) and other functions through responsiveness and support.
- Builds relationships with internal business partners. Partner with other operational areas to ensure timely, quality and efficient processing activities.
- Ensures appropriate balance between customer service and costs to minimize loss of revenue or customer dissatisfaction.
- Monitors various reports and takes appropriate actions, ensuring compliance requirements, audits and verifications are completed in accordance with Bank's P&Ps.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Reviews final QC reports for content, message and accuracy prior to submission to Manager and CRMC.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Identifies business processes, efficiency and control issues in timely fashion and escalate unusual issues to senior team members.
- Participates in continuous improvement of business processes (planning, testing and implementation of projects and new/revised products) and procedures within the scope of the work team.
- Ensures volume goals, turnaround times and quality expectations are met, while maintaining strict adherence to control procedures and compliance regulations.
- Processes timely and accurate transactions, audit/reconciliation transactions and resolves discrepancies according to established standards.
- Records and verifies data for fulfillment and/or further handling.
- Ensures adherence to all aspects of First Principles, BMO Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Corporate policies, procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Reviews transactions and requests for compliance with regulatory and Bank requirements.
- Communicates with internal partners and external customers to respond to inquiries according to guidelines. Follow-up with business units to ensure issues are resolved.
- Participates in continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team.
- Participates in testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of standard desktop applications used by the business unit - Solid.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business unit's key products and services, processes and controls- Solid.
- Understanding of risk and regulatory requirements of the role- Solid.
- Knowledge of departmental systems and applications - Solid.
- Knowledge of process and project management - Solid.
- Understanding of internal business partner's business, services and organization - Solid.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - Strong.
- Investigation skills- Strong.
- Prioritization skills.- Strong.
- Organizational skills - Strong.
- Customer service skills. - Strong.
- Change leadership skills. - Strong.
- Coaching, mentoring and training skills - Strong.
- Facilitation and Conflict Management/Resolution - Strong.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing