111025 Cost Centre:
REGULATORY OPS AND CONTROL Employee Referral Program - Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. Purpose
Contributes to the success of the team and overall Global Testing program in Canada, ensuring individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed and delivered in support of the unit's business strategies and objectives.
Executes planned testing activities to evaluate the adequacy, adherence and effectiveness of controls related to Operational, Regulatory, AML/ATF & Sanctions, and Compliance Risks across Canadian Banking, Wealth Management, and Global Operations are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and enterprise procedures. Accountabilities
- Champions a customer-focused culture and leverages broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Participates/Hosts presentations with business lines/branches, as needed
- Identifies trends, gaps and opportunities and escalates to management as necessary
- Maintains expert knowledge of Bank processes, policies, procedures, applications and products related toRegulatory (incl. AML/ATF & Sanctions), Compliance and Operational risk, and applies this knowledge in the testingand analysis of high-risk controls
- Assists management in keeping high-risk regulatory and operational controls current, along with otherdocumentation, including handbooks, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), test plans, methodology, schedules,reporting, etc. that contribute to sustaining the Global Testing program
- Conducts testing of key, high-risk regulatory and operational controls, by reviewing assigned business, branchand/or operational units. This includes:
- Collaborating with peers and managers to analyze, define and translate risk and business-line specifics intotesting requirements
- Working independently to execute on planned testing activities, in accordance with testing scripts andrelevant policies/procedures
- Sampling customer accounts and transactions, reviewing related processes, and reconciling associatedbusiness-line metrics and key risk indicators to determine compliance
- Preparing reports on test/review findings and communicating these to appropriate business units andpartners, as well as ensuring investigation and correction of any control defects brought forward are inplace
- Concisely and accurately recording test/review results in the Bank's integrated testing platform
- Provide on-site coaching to management and work with them to develop corrective action by ensuring dialogueis open and honest throughout the regular review process
- Performs ad-hoc, unique and/or focused reviews as necessary; and other testing duties and projects as assigned
- Develops and maintains strong knowledge of, and relationship with, Canadian Banking, Wealth Management, andGlobal Operations business units, and various internal or external partners
- Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Contributes/Creates an environment in which he/she pursues effective and efficient operations, while ensuring theadequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect tooperational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk: including, but not limited to,responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk ManagementFramework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Scotiabank Code of Conduct
- Supports and contributes to a high-performance and inclusive work environment, aligning individual goals to that ofGlobal Testing, Global Operations, and the Bank
Education / Experience
- Related high-risk regulatory and operational testing needs of all Canadian Banking products and services, and other testing activities, across multiple business units/branches within Canadian Banking and/or Global Operations and/or International Banking
- Access and training on multiple systems
- Extensive familiarity with Scotiabank policies and procedures across several, distinct business units
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry
- Post-secondary education, preferable in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
- Exceptional planning and analytical skills, ability to focus on critical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian Banking regulations - Sales Practices, Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF)/Know Your Customer (KYC)/Sanctions, Enterprise Privacy, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX),Foreign Account Tax Compliance (FATCA), etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Scotiabank policies and procedures, system applications, operations, support functions,and complaint resolution standards
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian Banking delivery channels, products, benefits and services
- Highly motivated; demonstrated ability to multi-task and deliver in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamicbusiness environment
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with partners/stakeholders, and influence change with numerous,cross-functional teams
- Work in a standard environment; non-standard hours may be required. Centralized functions primarily located at Tahoe, however travel within Canada may be required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance