Pickering Casino Resort is seeking Gaming Hosts ( Part-time and Full-time)
Don't miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming's new Pickering Casino Resort Table Games team!
Pickering Casino Resort is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed, energetic and strong guest relations skills; responsibilities of this role will align with the position of Gaming Host upon opening of Pickering Casino Resort.
Under the general direction of Table Games, this position will be responsible for bringing energy and excitement to our stadium & hybrid games, building loyalty with our patrons, maximizing the service in the Stadium & Hybrid Games area, participating in promotional activities and events, and delivering a professional and exceptional level of customer service. This role will interact and partner with our Executive Hosts, Gaming Hosts, Leadership Team Members, and patrons on a regular basis. Above all, the Gaming Host will provide a true and unique entertainment value to our patrons in the Stadium & Hybrid Game areas by creating a buzz and real excitement. The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company's vision, mission and values:
• Provides fun and exciting customer service to Guests choosing to play on Stadium & Hybrid Games;
• Responds professionally to all guest inquiries and requests;
• Engages in conversation with Guests and creates loyalty by providing personalized Guest experience;
• Using a live microphone, will attract attention to the Stadium & Hybrid Game areas, enticing guests to join in the fun;
• Build on excitement of Guests, celebrating wins with genuine enthusiasm;
• Participate in special promotions as assigned, which may include working in costumes specific to the promotion or event;
• When necessary inform the Slot Technical team of any issues with the functioning of the Stadium & Hybrid Game areas to ensure the games are operational;
• Comply with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) regulations and all applicable laws, policies and procedures. Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
• 2-3 years Customer Service experience in the entertainment or gaming industry preferred;
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and in a professional manner while injecting enthusiasm into your audience;
• Experience utilizing a live microphone to communicate and entertain in front of groups between 3-18 people, possibly more;
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to watch and engage in conversation, multiple players in a live action environment;
• Strong ability to focus and not be distracted by activities around the live Stadium & Hybrid Game play areas;
• Comfortable and able to easily adapt to new technology;
• Ability to sustain high levels of energy individually and cascading into the crowd in real time;
• Former experience in live stage theatre, or hosting entertainment venues preferred;
• Experience working with team members or independently in a live entertainment environment.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
• Fast paced with multiple priorities, action and excitement; exposure to some conflict, distress and noise;
• Must be embracing of dressing in costumes in line with various promotions;
• Standing for extended periods, must be able to bring liveliness to the area through flair movements and energetic movements;
• Ability to obtain registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario;
• Acquire and maintain an Ontario Smart Serve certification (if applicable). Pickering Casino Resort candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.
Operations and Logistics