To effectively compete in the global market and maximize profitability, businesses need increasingly efficient finance functions that provide enhanced value to internal business customers. To strengthen our growing team, we currently have a career opportunity for a Senior Manager to join our Finance Performance Improvement team. We are seeking a consummate team player with a strong work ethic and seasoned consulting skills. This individual will focus on assisting clients in areas such as finance strategy development, finance operating model design and implementation, business process management, digital finance, enterprise performance management, predictive analytics and forecasting, among other areas. Your Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Manager/Manager, Performance Improvement, Finance, you'll contribute to Finance Transformation client engagements and internal business development initiatives. An important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You'll also identify potential business opportunities for EY, primarily within existing engagements, and escalate these as appropriate.
With regards to engagement delivery, you'll anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. Drawing on your knowledge and experience, you'll create innovative insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership. You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. In line with EY's commitment to quality, you'll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop. A willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel requirements could be as high as 50 %. Client responsibilities
• Manage and take a leadership role in EY's Finance Performance Improvement engagements • Identify and lead business development opportunities • Create long term, trusted advisor relationships with senior client management • Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders • Oversee and take active part in creating project documentation and creating relevant reports • Build strong internal relationships within the Advisory practice and across other service lines People responsibilities
• Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff • Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff • Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Finance professionals • Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills • Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent communications skills including oral, written, and presentation • Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment • Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills • A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude • An ability to think outside of the box and thrive on new challenges To qualify for the role, you must have
• Strong academic record including a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5-10 years' experience in industry or with a recognized consulting firm • Professional designation and/or qualification (i.e., MBA, CA, CMA, etc) would be an asset • Experience in delivering projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment, design and implementation • Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members • Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills What we look for
We're looking for people that are passionate finance transformation consultants, at the top of their game, but who would like to continue to grow their subject matter expertise and help others around them achieve their potential. If you have a passion for assisting businesses achieve their full potential and working with some of the highest performing teams, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Customer Service and Support