Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place because we CARE
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements Site:
Colonnade - 275 SlaterStatus:
Monday to Friday - 0700-1500Pay Rate:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Supervise and ensure all staff are fulfilling their responsibilities and duties
- Manage and submit weekly timesheets accurately and promptly
- Patrol assigned area on foot as assigned to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Ensure all visitors adhere to Colonnade's policies
- Monitor activities and respond to incidents
- Assist with investigations by gathering information, photo and video documentation, and complete a comprehensive written incident report
- Respond and liaise with emergency responders when attending to emergency situations
- Liase with client and Client Service Manager to ensure smooth operation of site
- Offer support to any person in need such as providing good customer service when providing a security presence
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Successfully conduct security patrols
- Remain calm and effectively perform during emergencies.
- Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper written records
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Able to detect problems and escalate to Client Service Manager
- Maintain site computer and documentation
- Intermediate knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
- Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Able to handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Present a professional image to the public.
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Adapt to a variety of environmental factors while performing exterior patrols.
- Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Able to work alone
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills and able to work independently
- Minimum 2 years experience in security
- Must possess a valid Security Guard License in Ontario
- Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C with AED training
- Minimum 1 year security supervisor experience is considered an asset
- Previous customer service related experience would be an asset
- Experience in scheduling/dispatch is an asset
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
- Proof of valid COVID-19 vaccination (site requirement)
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- First Aid & CPR - Level C certification
Additional Information / Benefits
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
, School Hours
Number of Openings for this position: 1