100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
A full-stack engineer is expected to solve data problems at scale, build practical data and streaming applications, collaborate with scientists and engineers, leverage data technologies, and related projects for
the firm research and sales/ trading (buy/sell) offerings. The team-member delivers solutions using predictions and/or intelligent automation to enable smarter business decisions, improve client relationships,
reduce risk, generate revenue, and find cost-saving opportunities. The team-member communicates with the LOBs to summarize technical findings and business conclusions and presents actionable insight to
trading desks and other business lines. The engineer drives innovation through the development of data products that can be leveraged across the organization and establishes best practices in alignment with
Data & AI governance frameworks of BMO.
- Develop and maintain multiple applications using a modern deployment pipeline
- Strong Web app development knowledge, preferably with a leading front-end framework like React
- Familiarity with modern UX design principles
- Experience using virtualization techniques such as Docker to modularize applications
- Skilled in building quality code, familiarity with multiple programming languages and eager to learn others
- Communicate closely with business stakeholders to understand their needs
- Develop and support tools for monitoring and performance evaluation of data pipelines
- Work with information security to apply security best practices to Web applications
- Iterate quickly and release data pipeline and Web applications on a short release cycle
- Develops analytical solutions and makes recommendations based on a clear understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Works with stakeholders to identify business requirements, understand diverse problems and outcomes, and model business scenarios backed by data.
- Works in an agile environment with multiple cross-functional data science and engineering teams to deliver solutions.
- Applies programming and analytical skills to diverse types of data to identify concrete solutions.
- Presents findings and recommendations in a simple, clear way
- Maximizes profit based on data.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment with BMO protocols
- Supports the development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Demonstrable advanced programming skills in modern languages
- Understands all steps required in the delivery of demanding data products
We're here to help
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics/Statistics
- Working knowledge of financial markets with previous exposure to the financial markets and/or analysis gained through a combination of work and educational qualifications is required.
- Basic understanding of trading or sales procedures and broader regulatory and financial concepts.
- Demonstrates solid deal/transaction execution and/or project management skills.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians