Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The Reconciliation and Cash Management development team
is driven to provide data clarity to our users. We work closely with our business users and our support team to review data insights and performance improvements. Our core application is currently undergoing an upgrade for which there's an opportunity to learn more about system architecture and security. On the horizon are numerous exciting opportunities to integrate with our inhouse systems to fill gaps with the current Vendor product and round out the system to be more holistic. We are aiming to become more than just a simple reconciliations tool but to be a data discovery and transparency tool to provide actionable insights to our users.
As we traverse this new landscape, we are looking for ambitious and creative individuals to help us reach this next stage for our team.
There's room to grow in all of it. Job Description About This Role
We are looking for a motivated, high-performing Full Stack Developer
with strong problem-solving skills who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively in a reporting space. This role includes supporting existing solutions as well as working on improvements for performance, reliability, and scalability. In this role there is the opportunity to expand knowledge, strengthen expertise and drive positive change alongside diversely skilled technology colleagues.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
• Develop and deliver impactful solutions efficiently with good testing coverage
• Support existing systems and processes
• Participate in code review for high code quality, reusability, and ease of maintenance
• Identify and uphold best development practices
• Collaborate and communicate as needed with upstream and downstream partners on deliverables
• Evaluate and identify improvements at all stages of development and drive positive change
• Apply your deep technology expertise to ensure all TD areas that touch various technologies have the necessary tools, processes and documentation to operate effectively.
• Execute on TD Technology's engineering strategy as it relates to the introduction of tools and the automation of build, test, release and configure across application, platform and infrastructure.
• Apply an in-depth understanding of relevant business needs and work with technology partners to identify and leverage synergies across the various areas.
• Challenge yourself as an expert, lead innovator and change agent for the programs and services under management.
• Draw on best practices and your knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products or services.
• Monitor and control costs associated with the work you do.
• Be prepared to collaborate with governance and control groups, (e.g. regulatory and operational risk, compliance and audit), provide your subject matter expertise and consult on risk issues related to Engineering technology and tools. Requirements What can you bring to TD?
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• University or Post-Graduate Degree.
• 4-5 years of development experience
• Strong practical experience with Java 8 and Spring Boot
• Strong practical experience with SQL
• Practical experience with Angular 9+
• Experience with development tools and frameworks such as Maven, Jenkins, Git, and Nexus
• Knowledge about data access, data transmission and data storage techniques
• Understanding of Agile methodology, the software development life cycle, CI/CD and release processes
• A passion for simplifying and improving existing processes, efficiency and helping others
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Nice To Have
• Experience with file sharing (eg. mailboxes, SMTP)
• Experience with ag-grid Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
• Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
• Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
• Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
• Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
• Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.