100 King Street West
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service financial services provider. We offer corporate and investment banking, treasury management, as well as research and advisory services to clients around the world. #bmocapitalmarketsMandate
The successful candidate will be accountable to work in a team to develop and implement analytical tools for use by BMO Capital Markets front-office to manage exposures and make trading decisions. Extensive software development and financial knowledge will be required for this challenge.
Knowledge and Skills
- Help support front office traders in their use of trading platforms.
- Maintenance and upgrading of existing software structure.
- Lead frontend programming. Ensure high standards are maintained through regular peer code review.
- Write well designed, testable, readable and scalable code.
- Provide training to team members on web technologies.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Good working experience building robust, complex and accessible web applications.
- Front end development experiences should include HTML/CSS/Typescript and working knowledge in React function component and hooks.
- Back end development experiences should include Python/C#/Java with strong emphasis in functional and object-oriented methodologies
- Good understanding of web fundamentals and REST API are required. Having knowledge in FastAPI is a bonus.
- Database experiences should include relational data modeling and SQL. Having good knowledge in Oracle is a bonus.
- Good working knowledge on the development tools, such as VS code, npm workspaces, vite, eslint, prettier, vitest, react testing library, pylint and pytest.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Bonus: Experience with capital markets (trading/sales) environment
This position is closely aligned with the priorities of the Heads of Trading and Desk Heads across Global Markets.
The key responsibilities are the development and support of front office activities. Authorities
This role involves decisions around the design and development of key trading infrastructure. Scope and Impact
The scope of this position includes several businesses under Global Markets.Cross Functional Relationships
Global Markets Engineering works closely with groups across Capital Markets, in particular the sales and trading desks within Global Markets. This position will also include frequent interaction with BMO Technology & Operations, Market Risk and Operational Risk.Working Conditions
Work is in the Capital Markets trading environment. Has limited exposures to risk or ill health, however may have periods of moderate to high levels of stress. Role requires the ability to interact on a cross functional basis with other groups while also operating independently.
People Manager / GestionnaireWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.