Use your deep technical skills and experience to make Amazon a better place to work and delight our customers by joining Amazon Connections.
Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians globally an effective way to give feedback on the workplace and help shape the future of the company. Connections asks employees quick questions every day and uses that realtime information to learn from their experiences, introduce targeted content to teams around the world, and measure specific outcomes. Our goal is to strengthen Amazon's workplace culture and help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence, and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance services and architectures require exceptional technical expertise. Web Developers in this position will use their skills to develop responsive interfaces that are highly performant, extensible and used by multiple user types. You think about data visualization to influence decisions and how to build dynamic interfaces to support those designs. You will work closely with UX designers and develop measurable experiments to judge the effectiveness of your creations. Team members are expected to have strong object-oriented design and programming skills. Some scripting, SQL and data modeling is helpful.
Basic Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of web development experience
• Experience with modern front-end development workflow
• Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
• Experience with page speed optimization
• Experience with web fonts and typography
• Prior work creating, maintaining, and advocating the use of style guides throughout a web application
• Good experience with A/B testing frameworks
• Experience with responsive design
• Coaching others to improve on their front-end development capabilities
• Experience with css prepocessors (eg Sass, less, etc)
• Passion for creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
• A love for data visualization
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
• Degree preferably in computer science or a similar technical discipline
• Android/Kindle/iOS development experience
Posted: February 18, 2019
Closes: April 19, 2019