Great Blue Heron Casino & Hotel is looking for a full-time Front Desk Guest Services Agent to join our growing team!
Under the general direction of the Hotel Manager, the Front Desk Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing efficient and courteous service to each guest and operate according to the policies, procedures, quality standards and services established by the management team for the satisfaction of internal and external guests.The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company's vision, mission and values:
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
• Check-in & check-out (ensure effective check-in and check-out procedures are followed for individual and group/tour activity);
• Addressing telephone and in-person inquiries;
• Inform and follow up with any necessary departments to ensure that all requests for cots, cribs, packages, etc. are delivered to the guests' rooms and deliver items to guests at their request on an as-needed basis;
• Maintain room security by providing effective key control & confidentiality;
• Record requests for special accommodations, suites and/or in-house packages. Check daily for out-of-order rooms, VIP rooms, and special accommodations requests, and ensure all Pre-registrations are done correctly;
• Follow shift checklists to ensure all duties are completed in a timely manner;
• Must maintain proper balance and knowledge of daily transactions and float responsibilities;
• Assist with cleaning duties in order to maintain a clean and well-ordered work area in line with hotel policy;
• Achieve guest satisfaction by responding to and anticipating guests needs ensuring all comments and complains are acted upon in accordance with hotel and Company policy;
• Maintaining and balancing sales from the in-lobby kiosk for guests;
• Maintaining the guest business centre area, including stocking paper and assisting guests with computer inquiries; and
• All necessary additional duties as assigned.
• Minimum 1-year experience in full-service hotel, preferred;
• Basic computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet;
• Knowledge of area and surrounding attractions;
• Working knowledge of reservations system to perform booking reservations, dupe checks, non-guaranteed cancellations, claimed reservations, setting the house statistics, etc;
• Previous cash handling experience required; and
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
Submit your internal application form and resume to email@example.com
. One Toronto Gaming accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources of requirements in advance. Great Canadian Entertainment is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.