A career in our Financial Instruments, Valuation and Market risk analytics practice will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of consulting and assurance services to design solutions that address our clients' complex analytical challenges, as well as their broader business issues.\n\nOur team helps clients identify, measure and manage market risk (e.g. interest rate, foreign exchange, liquidity, equity, commodity, etc.) and credit risk arising in the course of business activities and through the use of financial instruments. In the areas of framework and systems, we help clients evaluate, develop and implement financial risk management frameworks, tools and solutions for all key financial risks.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a FRM Senior Associate , you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
• Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
• Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
• Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
• Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
• Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
• Advice on risk management, hedging strategies and appropriate derivative instruments
• Advisory assistance for market risk management Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Previous experience in auditing and/or general accounting practices with basic knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP
• An understanding of financial instruments and related accounting requirements would be beneficial
• Communications skills demonstrated through the ability to write proposals, reports, presentations, etc.
• Ability to interact well with others in a professional, team-oriented, client service environment, and to mentor/coach these team members toward developmental objectives
• Willingness to learn new knowledge and skills Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
Accounting Quality Assurance