The FI technician acts as a catalyst in driving loss elimination according to the site priorities.
This means the FI technician will structurally optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of operations by:
a) focusing on factory cost improvements through building problem solving capability on the shop floor through coaching
b) measuring factory performance metrics, as well as setting benchmarks, targets, and roadmaps for improvement to facilitate factory cost and general MSE improvements
The FI technician is also a participant of the capital budget and process and as such able to execute small minor projects in production.
The FI technician is responsible to deploy & drive the Focused Improvement (FI) pillar and to participate in pillars such as Factory Management Operating System (FMOS), Autonomous Maintenance (AM) & Education & Training (E&T) (Full pillar ownership remains at site management level)Key Responsibilities
Context and Scope
- Manage the continuous improvement (CI) process and budget for CI investments through prioritization of activities
- Identify and support FI activities that will create value and based on that lead FI projects and Six Sigma DMAIC projects from identification through control phase to contribute towards savings improvements
- Analysis of data and planning of the key improvements for the critical measures such as specifically TRS/Efficiency and NQC/Waste (to eliminate chronic issues) through Every Day Problem Solving (EDPS) and support of Breakdown Elimination (BDE)
- Utilize FI pillar tools to measure production processes, summarize losses, and develop site improvement roadmaps
- Be responsible for standard operating process (SOP) implementation across the whole plant by supporting the E&T pillar
- Lead and mentor others in the practical use of the MSE & Six Sigma philosophy
- Participant of CI CAB budget and process
- Execute small minor CAB projects as part of the CI initiatives
- Attend CP2 & weekly value stream reviews to identify & drive prioritization of CI activities
- Part of the Factory Improvement team
- Close relation with Operations Manager and Team leaders.
- Peers like the Maintenance Leader, Project Leader.
- Cooperation with CI technician and cross functional peers within SES and Q&FS.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, or Equivalent Experience
Advanced capability in tools and systems related to FI, FMOS and AM, coaching and training