Line of Service
Banking & FinanceManagement Level
Senior AssociateJob Description & Summary
A career within Technology Strategy services will provide you with the opportunity to help organizations develop strategies that transform their technology capabilities and solve their most critical challenges. We focus on building technology enabled and Agile operating models, planning their new enterprise architecture into a differentiating capability system that helps them win in the market, leveraging digital analytics to enhance the customer experience, optimizing business operations, and using modern management techniques such as robotic Process Automation and next generation sourcing strategies to help our clients get fit for growth.
Consultants in our Financial Services industry aligned team enable banks, insurers and other financial institutions to innovate, improve and achieve high performance. You're joining a team that will challenge you and invest in your professional development. You'll get a chance to work with a high performing team that helps clients through a range of services including strategy and operations, business transformation, customer experience, and risk and regulatory consulting. The practice is tight-knit, entrepreneurial, and where everyone is expected to make an impact in a space of significant investment and growth for PwC.Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a Financial Services Technology Business Systems Analyst, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support the Financial Services strategy and transformation programs, focused on Retail banking and channels (digital and contact center focus)
• Gather and analyze client information and develop data-driven insights to support the development of platform and channel business and technology strategies
• Understand the client's business and technology strategy and operations through research, interviews, formulating and testing hypotheses
• Work within Agile product teams and participate in Agile ceremonies, tolling and development
• Work directly with clients and stakeholders to understand client architecture and to support Agile development activities in the role of business system analyst or data analyst
• Gather and prioritize technology requirements: non-functional requirements, build process flows, sequence diagrams, data dictionaries and contribute to system architecture diagrams
• Write detailed technical documentation including but not limited to API documentation, data documentation, NFR testing documentation, technology blueprints, etc
• Build and maintain effective, trusting and collaborative client relationships at multiple levels
• Outside of project work, you will collaborate with PwC leaders to create compelling client proposals, white papers, thought leadership and point of view pieces, which investigate industry challenges and how technology can be used as a solution
• Contribute to building a strong and sustainable PwC culture through effective employee engagement, mentoring and coaching team members through timely, meaningful verbal and written feedback Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Exposure to technology strategy and management
• Experience with Agile, Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban methodologies
• Experience with a Financial Services firm or an internal consulting group
• Knowledge of one or more business domains within Retail or Commercial banking
• Experience with technology domains including and not limited to: Process Automation; Digitization; Full Stack Software Delivery; and experience with Cloud migration and Data strategies
• A proven track record of successful project completion, including experience working with technology and business stakeholders to design process flows and sequence diagrams, write technical requirements, build API documentation, collaborate with development and testing teams, contribute to system architecture designs, and lead technical estimation sessions
• A critical thinking mindset, able to solve technology problems with logical solutions
• An organized worker capable of navigating changing project conditions, pressing deadlines, identify and resolve risks, and collaborate with team members
• Enthusiasm for PwC's community by fostering our culture through various initiatives, pursuing new business opportunities, and developing external facing research and articles
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
• An ability to travel to client sites across Canada Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
September 19, 2022
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Be a part of The New Equation.
Chez PwC Canada, notre atout le plus précieux, c'est notre personnel. Et c'est en apprenant les uns des autres que nous devenons plus forts. Nous avons à cœur de créer une communauté équitable et inclusive de professionnels de la résolution de problèmes, dans laquelle chacun se sent vraiment à sa place. Nous savons que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et, pour nous, donner confiance au public et résoudre des problèmes importants n'est possible que si notre milieu de travail reflète la diversité de la société dans laquelle nous vivons.
Nous tenons à répondre à vos besoins tout au long du processus de demande d'emploi, d'entrevue et d'embauche. Si vous avez besoin de mesures d'adaptation pour être parfaitement à l'aise, faites-le-nous savoir à l'étape de la demande d'emploi.
Pour en savoir plus sur l'inclusion et la diversité chez PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/fr/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Faites partie de La Nouvelle équation.