A career within Financial Services Solutions, will provide you the opportunity to use sophisticated models to value complex financial instruments and design strategies that reduce risk and maximize business opportunities for our clients. We help on a wide variety of financial and valuation issues, as well as develop and test financial models, model risk scenarios, validate expertise across various financial areas, and deliver comprehensive analytics addressing client finance issues.To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.Meaningful work you'll be part of
As a Financial Services Payments, Consulting, Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Leading and delivering end to end engagements, emphasizing the ability to build collaborative relationships with team members and delivering strong value to clients.
• Supporting, maintaining, and growing relationships with key client and industry stakeholders.
• Coaching and developing teams and members across the practice.
• Representing PwC and the team effectively in written and verbal formats to various situations and audiences.
• Leading practice development, thought leadership, and development of new payment offerings.
• Conducting and managing market research and quantitative and qualitative analyses, including the synthesis of complex data into meaningful insights and the ability to grasp readily analytical frameworks and employ them effectively to either qualitative or quantitative evidence.
• Demonstrating empathy for coworkers and customers.
• Believing in the value created by diverse teams and can adapt to a variety of working styles.
• Committing to driving positive interactions and promoting diversity and equality in the team.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Experience in consulting is required.
• Payment experience, including an understanding of, and experience in, delivering projects with one or more of the following focus areas:
• Hands on experience with retail and commercial card programs, global transaction banking, and/or cash management products.
• Functional knowledge of money movement capabilities and the underlying infrastructure for high value, low value, and instant payments.
• Payments Canada's current platforms (ACSS, LVTS, USBE), as well as upcoming changes as part of the Payments Modernisation roadmap (e.g., ISO20022).
• Global clearing and market infrastructures (Fed, CHIPS, CHAPS, TARGET2, Faster Payments, SWIFT, etc.). Correspondent banking structure and NOS/VOS accounts.
• Transaction life cycles of payment products and solutions (e.g., credit cards, wires, Cheques, AFT).
• Financial operations, including settlement operations, reconciliation, and exception processing.
• Documentation and the identification of key controls within payment transaction lifecycles.
• An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work.
• Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to present in a business context, provide high quality output, and develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and internal colleagues.
• Self motivated with a passion for delivering high quality work, working collaboratively, and developing an array of skills and knowledge.
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside and/or coaching diverse people and perspectives. Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This meaningful work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. The most connected firm through activity based working
PwC Canada is committed to cultivating an inclusive, hybrid work environment - one that is collaborative, supportive and productive. We work in-person and virtually, as is best suited for our clients, teams and people. We want you to be intentional with your work, how you do it and where it's done. PwC offices are hubs of connectivity and learning. We strongly encourage our people to prioritise in-person work, whether it's in the office or at a client site. This means we expect you to be in-person (either with clients or in the office) at least half of your time. We know that hybrid work is all about balance, and capturing the benefits of in-person work is essential to your growth at the firm. Exact expectations for your team can be discussed with your interviewer.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
Customer Service and Support