6023 Steeles Ave East, Bldg K
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are currently working towards providing a better candidate experience by including all of our job descriptions in both English and French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or New Brunswick please reference the French job description available below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description below in English as per federal language requirements.
Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt à l'égard de BMO Groupe financier. Nous travaillons actuellement à offrir une meilleure expérience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de poste en français et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affiché au Québec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description de poste en français disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement, veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais, conformément aux exigences fédérales en matière de langues.
As a Financial Planner you will increase customer loyalty and market share by meeting the investment needs of customers and by providing excellent financial planning and advice. This opportunity allows you to apply your sales skills and help customers achieve their investment and retirement goals.You will also:
- Proactively contact BMO customers in a dedicated portfolio list to do detailed profiling of their investment needs, review of investment holdings and goals and provide investment and retirement planning.
- Expand existing BMO relationships by consolidating the investable assets of mass affluent customers to increase BMO's share of wallet
- Work collaboratively with other branch colleagues to ensure wealth management customers experience exceptional service and have their financial needs met, including referring to brokerage, online and private bank partners.
- The role is supported by a full time sales coach and reports up into a managerial spine that is dedicated to investments
Education and Accreditation
- Passion for financial planning and helping customers.
- Proven sales success in the financial services industry.
- Experience with investment and retirement planning.
- Demonstrated ability to build, maintain and refer internal and external relationships.
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese is preferred.
We're here to help
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC).
- Must be registered to sell Mutual Funds (MFDA/AMF).
- Financial Planning Accreditations/Designations are preferred, however, we may be willing to train high potential candidates with a demonstrated track record of sales and customer service excellence
- Preferred: Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation.
- Or one of the following:
- Personal Financial Planner (PFP) designation, or
- Wealth Management Essentials (WME) + Financial Planning Supplement, or
- Professional Financial Planning Course (PFPC), or
- Financial Planning I & II (FP I & II).
- IQPF - required in Quebec only.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing