Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Wealth takes a sophisticated and holistic goals discovery approach to wealth planning and protection to provide highly personalized advice, solutions and service to clients. The Financial Planning
team understands that helping clients set and achieve their financial goals while delivering a legendary customer experience is what drives our business success, new business and client loyalty. We do this by knowing our clients, offering the most professional and personalized solutions and building award-winning, high-performing teams.
We have a long and growing history in wealth management leadership and are poised for even greater future success. Feel welcome, challenged and rewarded. Trust us, you'll be busy, but never bored. Job Description
The Financial Planner (Phone-based) is focused on the mass affluent customer segment with responsibilities for retaining and increasing market share through acquisition of Money-in assets. Through ongoing relationship management, conducted over the telephone and other electronic channels, the FP role offers sound advice with a focus on Retirement and Investment Planning by assisting clients in identifying goals, potential barriers and recommending appropriate solutions. The role will also identify opportunities to refer clients to other TD partners, i.e. Retail and Wealth Management Partners.
Post a 90 day training program the successful candidate will be part of the Acquisition POD interacting with both an existing client base for day to day inquiries providing a legendary client experience as well as digital savvy marketing leads with the opportunity to onboard or find home of best fit within TDBFG.
In this role, you will:
- Provide business development, customer relationship management sales advisory support
- Establish and implement a sales and services plan, focusing on onboarding new clients, introducing services and products aligned to client goals, growing business and profitability and retaining satisfied customers
- Assist clients to identify their personal financial goals and potential barriers and recommend solutions
- Contribute to team and department goals while strengthening customer service and dedication by identifying referral opportunities at growing levels of complexity
- Provide ongoing relationship management to existing clients (TD Wealth Financial Planning / TD Private Investment) to maintain, update and implement investment strategies and long-term financial goals
- Execute simplified sales or account management process, focusing on "features" selling and customer data gathering, assess efficiency and implement continuous improvements
Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive and service-oriented work environment Requirements
- University Degree and/or minimum 2 years of industry experience
- IIROC license preferred
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) required before start date
- Successful completion of the Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH) within first 90 days in the role.
- Complete Wealth Management Essentials (WME) within first 18 months of the role
- CFP will need to be successfully completed within the first 36 months of hire date
- Expanded knowledge of products, services and key competitors
- Professional team player with strong telephone relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability and understanding of the benefits of asset accumulation.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written with ability to work collaboratively and independently, provide assistance and build relationships
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to respond to client inquiries and requests in a professional and timely manner.
Ability to ensure a seamless client transition from existing advice relationship. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance