Permanent Reference code
:113421 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Burlington; Calgary; Edmonton; Fredericton; Halifax; Kanata; Kitchener; Moncton; Ottawa; Saint John; St. John's; Vancouver; Vaughan; Victoria; Winnipeg Our Purpose
--Are you an energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Interested in developing your career in Finance? Apply below!What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
This Financial Analyst
role is accountable for the development and sustainment of all aspects of an effective and efficient management reporting function.
As a part of the Management Reporting Team, the Financial Analyst will support business needs related to reporting and analytics. The role will include creating and generating reports as well as troubleshooting and reconciling data across all applicable systems and platforms. Communication, organization, and problem-solving skills will be leveraged daily to sustain all aspects of an effective and efficient management reporting function.
In addition to reporting, the Financial Analyst will also participate in the maintenance and update activities related to Data Governance and hierarchies. The successful candidate will be able to manage competing priorities and deliver according to deadlines. Exercising the ability to streamline and improve processes is an asset.About the teamManagement Reporting team
supports the Deloitte organization in Canada with a wide variety of capabilities like management financial reporting, enterprise level data solution, program management and advanced financial analytics, etc.
Deloitte is one of Canada's leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today's local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today's and tomorrow's challenges.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Finance, Math, Business, or related field; CPA or CFA designation a plus.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in similar role supporting a data project driven team
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Document and maintain the completeness of the critical business logics and knowledge
- Experience with leading business conversation with various stakeholders to get requirements and provide suggestions
- Ability to work in a Team and to manage competing priorities in an agile environment
- Experience of translating data into meaningful reporting with Business users with effective data visualizations or report designs
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (Pivot Table, Lookups, Conditional formatting, Power Query and data validation, etc.)
- Cognos and Tableau experience an asset
- Experience with SQL scripting and basic understanding of relational data models, schemas and data warehousing concepts.
- Strong communication skills (Bi-lingual an asset) both verbal and written
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Financial Analyst, Data Warehouse, Developer, Accounting, CFA, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive