Financial Analyst, Controllership-Financial Accounting Sept 2021-April 2022 Co-op (8 Months) Toronto Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Build a network of colleagues for life
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.Are you interested in launching your finance and accounting career at a firm that allows for endless growth opportunities? Apply to the opportunity below!
Note: this opportunity is for 8 months from September - April 2022.What will your typical day look like?
This incumbent will assist with Deloitte's finance and controllership activities and financial reporting at each period end. The Controllership team is pre-approved training office for CPA students who are enrolled in the program to obtain practical experience as part of obtaining their CPA designations. Some of the tasks will be to prepare financial statements and documentation, prepare journal entries and reconciliations, design and test controls, provide compliance projects support, access/process control, work in Blackline reconciliation tool to implement new modules and design new process, and provide a future focused outlook to identify issues and opportunities for improvement in the reporting process.About the team
Deloitte is one of Canada's leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today's local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today's and tomorrow's challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who is/has:
- Enrolled in a post-secondary program in accounting / business / commerce
- Is a registered CPA student
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Office Products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Excel proficiency, functions and working with large volumes of data
- Strong knowledge of business fundamentals and analytical skills
- Ability to draw insights from information and convey complex information in a straightforward manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work in a demanding environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Client focused, proactive and results-oriented
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by May 23, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada.
This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production