Requisition ID: 159028
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Position: Fee Based Trader, Centralized Investment Management, Investment & Advisory Solutions Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Centralized Investment Management / Scotia Wealth Management in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Creating and executing equity, mutual fund, option and fixed income orders in a timely manner by using the various systems (AOM, MPower, Dataphile). All orders and trades should be assessed in accordance with the portfolios mandates, models and trading policy and regulatory requirements.
- Assisting with the development and execution of the portfolio management activities will include onboarding, rebalancing requests, cash management and handling special situations, while conducting a strong due diligence before and after entering the orders.
- Providing timely communication and support to the program Portfolio Manager, regularly monitoring of portfolios, and making changes as deemed appropriate by the supervising program Portfolio Manager or Senior fee Based Trader.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Supports the Scotia Mcleod business (Summit and SIP programs)
- The team manages 25,000 accounts (and growing)
- Expect to see up to 100 Cash Flow events (New Accounts, Deposits and Withdrawals) plus ad hoc email requests as well as model trades and asset mix trades on all or a select group of accounts per day.
Education / Experience
- Fully licensed as an Investment Representative by IIROC.
- 2 years Industry experience.
- University degree or college diploma or equivalent experience.
- Strong investment management knowledge and experience as it relates to understanding economic and capital markets.
- CIM, or its predecessor CIF, CFA or in process of attaining one of these accreditations.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Portfolio Accounting systems and Bloomberg or Reuters.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Compliance, Investment Banking, Technical Support, Bank, Banking, Legal, Technology, Finance
Banking, Finance and Insurance