Who we are
Staples Canada is on journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that's you, let's work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do
As the Facility Services Coordinator, you will remotely support our closed-door locations (Fulfillment Centres, Tech and Print Hubs, regional offices) Facilities. You will act as the daily contact for Closed Door sites, ensuring a seamless customer service-oriented approach to Facility related questions, queries and requests, including the execution of programs, services, and requests for Facility Services that keep our sites operational, functional, and efficient. You will also provide feedback to Management on contractor relations and performance to ensure execution of daily and periodic tasks that support our locations With each day will being fast-paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful, you will be inspired to bring your best, every day.
Specifically, you will:
• Independently ensure the timely execution of all demand repair and maintenance requests from closed door facilities by fulfilling work orders within the guidelines of the Service Level Agreement. This includes the assignment of the proper priority code, contractor selection, accurate and descriptive synopsis of the problem and documented communication from creation of the work order to completion with the Total Maintenance System (TMS) database and to the field
• Quote Processing - from Demand and Service and Maintenance programs - provide direction to sites by completing historical and financial analysis, obtain approval as needed (Capital or Expense items). Quotes to be acknowledged within 2 days and actioned (inclusive of RFQ) within 2 weeks.
• Manage costs through the use of RFQ and monthly expense to budget reporting by site. Updates Management during monthly meetings
• Be responsible for understanding the process/communication procedures as they relate to Disaster Response
• Build a Strong understanding of the Contractor Website and be responsible for creation and management of Performance Improvement Plans for contractors that fail to meet our Terms and Conditions
• Review monthly metrics, address areas of opportunities and provides contractor performance feedback to Management
• Understanding all Project Management and Service programs - including frequency, scope of work, NTE's
• Understanding of Lease Abstracts and Common Area Maintenance locations to reduce expenses
• Look for opportunities to automate tasks
• Look for Site trends and provide feedback on streamlining processes (i.e. / budgeting certain types of repairs; creating PM programs etc.)
Some of what you need
• Minimum 3-5 years in facility maintenance
• Experience in Facilities/maintenance management software administration
• Experience in project management
• General knowledge of building systems, construction practices, building/fire code
• General knowledge of health & safety relating to work assigned to associates and contractors
• Education in Office administration and/or Health & Safety training
• Knowledge of Environmental, H&S standards and policies
• Knowledge of CMMS (computerized maintenance management software) administrator - adding new and updating existing equipment, locations, preventive maintenance tasks and schedules
• Solid knowledge of facility management and maintenance business work processes - best practices in particular of Warehouse environments
• Advanced customer service skills and awareness
• Ability to review and interpret financial data and proposals for viability
• Ability to hold contractors accountable and to set reasonable and measurable performance expectations
• Strong personal initiative, innovation, communication, influencing and prioritization skills
Some of what you will get
• Health and Dental benefits
• Learning & Development programs
• Majority of time will be spent working virtually
• Occasional driving between local sites
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially
Operations and Logistics