Maxar Technologies Ltd. (formerly MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.) is a leading global provider of advanced space technology solutions for commercial and government markets including satellites, Earth imagery, geospatial data and analytics. As a trusted partner, Maxar Technologies provides unmatched end-to-end advanced systems capabilities and integrated solutions expertise to help our customers anticipate and address their most complex mission critical challenges with confidence. With more than 6,500 employees in 21 locations, the Maxar Technologies portfolio of commercial space brands includes SSL, MDA, DigitalGlobe and Radiant Solutions. Every day, millions of people rely on Maxar Technologies to communicate, share information and data, and deliver insights that empower a better world. Maxar trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange as MAXR. For more information visit www.maxar.com .
For more than three decades, human space flight has been supported by advanced robotics developed by MDA. We have combined complex robotics with control software to develop the Space Shuttle' s Canadarm and the Mobile Servicing System for the International Space Station. Leveraging our expertise in robotic technology and space-borne sensing systems, MDA is developing sophisticated systems for on-orbit servicing of satellites and planetary missions to explore the Moon and Mars.
On Earth we are taking our experience in space robotics into new areas of advanced robotics for nuclear, medical, industrial, and mining applications. We invite you to visit our website at www.mdacorporation.com .
Our Manufacturing group is seeking a Facility Maintenance Technician. Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, or delegate, this position is responsible for performing all tasks necessary to maintain and improve the building, and the buildings mechanical and electrical systems. Primary Activities
Requirements and Skills
- Office furniture repair and installation , drywall and painting, carpentry, machine maintenance
- Repair, minor plumbing and electrical repairs
- Responsible for monthly fire system, water treatment, generator, HVAC and other maintenance checks
- Any duties related to the facility in order to maintain a safe and clean environment for all employees
- Trade license in a discipline applicable to the tasks being performed
- Proven experience in Commercial/Industrial building maintenance and repair
- Ability to operate a forklift is required
- Ability to excel in a team environment is required
- Basic working knowledge in the use of e-mail, Word, Excel and on-line search engines would be preferable.
- Verbal, written communication skills are essential to this position
All candidates must be able to obtain CGP and ITAR clearance.
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.
With respects to Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is proud to provide accommodation(s) during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please feel free to notify us. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: October 17, 2018
Closes: December 16, 2018