Please note : Applications must be submitted in ONE PDF file (Cover Letter, Resume, Unofficial Transcripts)
The pace and scale of change today is staggering. But one thing that doesn't change at EY is the value we place on the uniquely human ability to offer insight and empathy while using technology to make a positive impact. EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality, and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transaction, and consulting services. We strive to help all our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organization offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. EY Consulting Services is a $4 billion global practice with 18,000 professionals. With an overall Consulting market of $150 billion, there's tremendous potential for growth - and we're prepared to tap into that potential. Our Consulting team takes a strategic approach to helping clients improve and sustain their business performance. In today's complex business environment that means understanding the relationship between risk and performance improvement and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
Now more than ever, we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better. In return, we'll provide you with an exceptional experience that will develop and enrich you, whenever you join or however long you stay. And, should you choose to leave, you'll be a part of a powerful network of more than 1 million alumni around the world. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We are currently seeking consultants within Business Consulting
, to join one
of the following teams as a co-op student from January - April 2021 in Toronto:
• Technology Risk • Internal Audit
Please see below for descriptions of these practices and indicate your first and second sub-service line preference in the pre-screening questions. Responsibilities
• Establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business • Demonstrating ability to continuously learn, incorporate and apply new knowledge in the work environment. Possessing good business acumen. Remaining current on new developments in Advisory services, capabilities and industry knowledge • Improving clients' efficiency and effectiveness through the design of their operations, processes, information technology and business functions • Executing procedures, performing detailed data analysis, reaching conclusions, documenting results and suggesting ideas for efficiencies • Taking full responsibility for tasks, including consistent review of own work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision Qualifications
• Currently enrolled in a co-op program pursuing an undergraduate degree in business, engineering, computer science, information systems, or another related major • Relevant industry experience is a differentiator • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint • Tech savviness - willingness to learn how to use relevant tools/software's as needed • Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skill • Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic • Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision • Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines • Integrity within a professional environment • Successful candidates must be available to travel as needed within and outside of Canada and work in excess of standard hours when necessary Technology Risk
Our Technology Risk team provides comprehensive information technology-based risk services that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their risk management and internal audit functions. Professionals in this role will evaluate and test IT general controls, application controls, and business process controls to support financial statement audits, execute service organizational control reporting examinations as well as support IT internal audit projects. Additional Qualifications:
• Pursuing or eventual pursuit of the Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISA, designation Internal Audit
Our Internal Audit team provides comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational recommendations that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions. We plan, lead and perform internal audit, 52-109, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and risk advisory projects in accordance with the client's risk management strategy resulting in the identification of control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvements and efficiency opportunities as well as company-wide cost improvements. Additional Qualifications:
• Pursuing or eventual pursuit of the Certified Internal Auditor, CIA, designation
How to Apply
To apply, please attach your most recent cover letter, résumé, and unofficial transcripts in one PDF
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
To apply please visit our Student Careers Page: www.ey.com/ca/apply
• Please select the appropriate job posting • Log In or Register as a New User • Complete all required fields on each page • Attach your most recent cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in one
PDF file Available sub-service lines will be listed in the pre-screening questions. Please select your first and second choice. This posting will officially close on Tuesday September 22nd 2020 at 9:00 am EST. To learn more about EY and our Consulting Services practice, visit us today at https://www.ey.com/en_ca/consulting
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Customer Service and Support