We're looking for an Experienced Water Resources to join our Southern Ontario Mine Water Team, located in our Mississauga, ON office. You will provide water-related technical solutions and designs and contribute to multi-disciplinary projects both locally, regionally, and internationally. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAreWSP #globalminingA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture ofInclusionandBelonging
- OurFlexible Work Policy- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- OurHybrid Work Policy- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- ACanadiansuccess story - we'reproudto wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhancethe world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstandingcareer opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open toyourideas and tryingnewthings.
- A phenomenalcollaborativeculture and a workforce filled with genuinelygood peoplewho are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- You'll be working with interdisciplinary project teams that can offer high complexity work, and a chance to challenge yourself and what you've learned so far, and an opportunity push your skills to the next level with an experienced team and, collaborative managers who are among the best in the industry;
- You'll be working with senior engineers to provide technical services related to mine water resources engineering
- You'll be using your knowledge to plan and lead work that includes: hydrologic assessments, water balances, dam breach analysis, flood mitigation, river engineering, hydraulic infrastructure analysis, options assessments, hydraulic and streamflow evaluations, and design of water diversions and control structures. If it involves water, you will be part of it!
- You will provide technical solutions and designs, manage projects and teams, mentor and contribute to knowledge sharing and will contribute to multi-disciplinary projects both locally, regionally and internationally.
- You will help lead multi-disciplinary teams that collaborate across Canada and globally.
- You will enjoy competitive pay, substantial opportunities for technical development and career growth, a flexible work schedule and committed mentorship.
- A reduced work week may be considered for this position, if this better suits the balance you're seeking in your life let's discuss!
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent education) in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required.
- This role requires a candidate with 5 or more years of demonstrated experience in water resources consulting projects.
- Valid professional designation in ON, or actively pursuing designation.
- You've got access to a vehicle, a clean Driver's Abstract, and you know your way around the MS Office suite of products.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modelling (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, PCSWMM).
- Experience with hydraulic structure design - channels, culverts, weirs and spillways.
- Experience using AutoCAD and GIS mapping software.
- Experience preparing water balances; GoldSim experience is an asset.
- Experience conducting stream flow monitoring / installation programs is an asset.
- Knowledge of mine water management is an asset.
- Fluency in other languages, such as French and Spanish, is an asset.
- You want to experience what it's like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!