You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
The Enterprise Audit group is looking for Staff Accountants to join its dynamic team.
KPMG's Audit practice helps clients manage risk so they can focus on their core businesses. By intimately understanding the client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance. What you will do
Our teams of professionals help our clients' manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
As a Staff Accountant you will be required to:
- Preparation of review and notice to reader working paper files, including unaudited financial statements and notes thereto.
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax returns.
- Work independently to produce high quality work, while managing time appropriately and completing files from start to finish.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients.
As an Audit professional, you will provide a service that represents a high-value mark for our firm, helping companies assess their risk as they work to ensure transparency across their operations. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- CPA designation, or near completion.
- 1-3 years of public accounting firm experience, ideally with exposure to ASPE and a variety of tax applications including but not limited to HST, payroll, personal, corporate and trusts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Previous use of Taxprep and CaseWare programs would be beneficial; QuickBooks Online or Xero experience considered an asset, but not required.
- Strong time management, planning, and organizing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear, and confidently conveying messages in a credible and persuasive manner.
- Proven ability to sustain a high level of drive enthusiasm, and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work. Capacity for working hard to meet demands at key times of pressure. Resilient in the face of challenges or obstacles.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.