100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Support executive and direct reports with calendar management, coordination of high impact internal and external meetings, travel arrangements, invoicing, and expenses. Consolidate briefing material and logistics. Manage the overall office functions ensuring all administrative and operational processes and control standards are followed, while seeking to develop and participate in implementation of improvement opportunities, contributing to the effective and efficient operation of the business group.
We're here to help
- Maintains complex calendar and daily schedules for executive, proactively looking ahead and resolving conflicts in a timely manner.
- Plans and organizes meetings and events as required including logistics, securing meeting space and document prep. May involve multiple senior executives in various time zones.
- Coordinates extensive/complex travel arrangements in accordance with the bank's travel policy, booking flight/hotel reservations as needed.
- Monitors the executive's email inbox, flags and prioritizes based on urgency and subject matter
- Screens, redirects or responds to telephone queries from internal and external clients
- Completes, reconciles and ensure timely submission of expense reports
- Provides administrative support to the team.
- Formats meeting notes, prepare profiles/briefing packages for meetings, track and log meeting/events
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders including liaising regularly with senior management assistants.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Provides senior level administrative and operational support within a diverse team including one or more senior executives.
- Employs systems (e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports etc.) to manage information.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Manages and monitors calendars and upcoming events. Dispatches meeting invitations, books meeting rooms and arranges for resources and other requirements in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation. Supports the coordination and implementation of department events.
- Develops and maintains a filing system; ensures business and operational reports, forms, and other documentation, paper or electronic, are readily available.
- Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing and distributing communications (e.g., correspondence, policies & procedures).
- Dispatches outgoing communications. Answers central phone line, responding to and resolving/escalating inquiries.
- Processes invoices for payment in adherence with documented processes and guidelines and vendor agreements
- Prepares and logs departmental expense claims and reports. Tracks expenses to ensure they stay within budget.
- Liaises with internal business units and external vendors and participates in the local coordination and implementation of premises and building related matters including incoming / outgoing staff and contractors, relocations, office planning and new furniture requirements while ensuring minimal interruptions to business operations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains and tracks overtime, staff vacations and absences in accordance with Bank and/or divisional guidelines to ensure consistency in entitlement and to determine staff availability.
- Coordinates training requirements for staff (research, booking, cancellations, confirmations, etc.).
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 3+ years of relevant experience in an administrative/ professional support function, demonstrating progressive responsibility and post-secondary degree in related field of study.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Management and Executive