Requisition ID: 107744
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As an Executive Assistant, you will be supporting two leadership members and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties including, but not limited to: scheduling meetings, coordinating travel arrangements, managing calendars, as well as other organizational tasks. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Manage all aspects of short-term and long-term calendars to ensure meetings are prioritized with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Manage inboxes to ensure action items are prioritized
- Effectively maintain relationships with other Coordinator's in scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Proactively anticipate needs of each leader in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Support onboarding of new team leaders
- Support the planning/execution of engagement activities, including reward and recognition.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas, letters, memos, presentations and reports. Creatively uses Power Point and communication skills.
- Contribute to a team focus of continuous improvement -- improving how we work, including the experiences and working environment in Corporate Communications.
- Support broader leadership team on change management initiatives
- Work comfortably with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Work with the leaders to manage department budgets
- Manage all travel arrangements and accompanying material
What's in it for you?
- Experience in an office environment where you have worked in an administrative capacity
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), proficient with web, and able to quickly learn enterprise applications. Strong PowerPoint skills are a must
- A team player attitude with the ability to be resourceful, spirited, innovative and highly service-oriented
- You are an energetic self-starter (proactive) who is able to take initiative, ask great questions, demonstrate curiosity, work with minimum supervision, and multi-task under pressure.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to get things done through others. This involves interacting with a wide range of individuals in different situations and often requires tact, diplomacy, judgment and discretion.
- You take personal responsibility for delivering quality service.
- You are willing to adjust work hours on occasion, as required
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Secretary, Administrative Assistant, Bank, Banking, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance