You'll join our Enterprise Support Services (ESS) team helping to support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a driven administrative professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY's growth and profitability. Your key responsibilities
As the Event Coordinator in our Business Services Group (BSG) based in our Toronto office, you are responsible for supporting the planning, coordination and execution of events, with the priority focus on client-facing events and some strategic internal events for our Executive Conference Centre. The Event Coordinator provides enhanced support for state-of-the-art meeting and event rooms, coordinates the administration and sponsorship of our event ticket program and part of our virtual event team. The ticket program may include large corporate events, various sporting and annual festival activities. You are a driven administrative professional who enjoys working in tandem with your colleagues while striving to understand and anticipate customer's needs and exceed expectations. Your key responsibilities also include:
• Meeting/event preparation: planning, developing and executing various Executive Conference Centre events by ensuring expectations are met, including room set up, number of attendees, AV needs, special requests, food & beverage, dietary restrictions, informing security as needed, identifying and resolving potential date conflicts, etc.
• Catering coordination: liaising with our caterers on menus and coordinating the invoicing process
• Registration / reception support: greet incoming clients as needed when teaming with reception colleagues
• Virtual event support: leveraging a variety of technology platforms based on event needs
• Executive Conference Centre maintenance: completing regular checks throughout the space to ensure a high standard and deliver a seamless meeting/event experience to all internal and external users
• Ticket program: coordinating the administration of GTA sporting events and concerts
• Troubleshooting: first point of contact for any room issues, providing prompt and appropriate response, focused on a timely resolution
• Supply provisioning & inventory control: ordering, maintaining & distributing supplies for meeting space
• Technology support: liaising closely with the technology team to provide some technical service support
• Contact management project support: aassisting with the maintenance of our external contacts to ensure our records are up to date
• Overtime required as needed Skills and attributes for success
• Committed to contributing to a strong team culture to ensure success
• Develop and maintain relationships to efficiently leverage expertise
• Sound judgement regarding confidential and sensitive matters
• Proven ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment To qualify for the role, you must have
• Exceptional client service experience
• Hospitality and/or event planning experience
• Aptitude to differentiate when to act independently or within a team
• Approximately 1 - 3 years of event management experience
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and work on more than one event at a time
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Poise and professionalism to interact with Partners, external clients and/or vendors
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Meticulous attention to detail Ideally, you'll also have
• Professional services firm experience
• Post-secondary education What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers and have a very strong attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive Operations and Logistics