Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Our vision to be the Better Bank is grounded in our purpose-driven and forward-focused strategy. Amidst a rapidly changing landscape, we know that technology plays a critical role in achieving this vision and delivering on our strategy. It also signals the need to accelerate investment in emerging capabilities to adapt to the changes happening around us and respond to customer needs more quickly. To accomplish this, we're evolving our Platforms, introducing key enterprise Practices and re-imagining our customer Journeys as part of the Next Evolution of Work (NEW).
NEW will empower colleagues to make decisions faster, work more efficiently and quickly identify and address customer and market trends to deliver innovative solutions at an unprecedented pace. NEW will enable us to move with purpose towards common goals, simplify how we work and elevate how we deliver customer value. By joining NEW, you'll have the opportunity to be part of a new way of working while making an impact on the future of banking in ways you've never imagined.
Introducing the Data as a Service (DaaS) Platform! This Platform will develop a centralized data strategy and roadmap to enable TD to shift to a data-driven organization and help us extract value from the data we create, collect and consume. The Platform will include applications responsible for the creation and management of data lakes, standards, analytical tools and governance. DaaS will consolidate over ~110
assets and ~200
applications, aggregate our customer data, and bring together data subject matter experts from Practices, such as Data, Software Engineering and Quality Engineering.Job Description
Are you an experienced data professional, equipped with both conceptual and practical expertise in business information management? If so, this role offers a hands-on and high growth career opportunity to provide business technical leadership across a broad range of information management functions while supporting various areas of data and analytics.
If you enjoy working with colleagues and project teams then this specialist role is for you! You'll work with business and technology partners to understand business data to ensure the analysis and requirements provided align with the overall design and data management standards.
As a Business Information Management Data Practitioner, you will:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Bring conceptual and practical level expertise to provide solutions and knowledge on a diverse range of tasks
- Leverage your strong programming skills to develop a diverse range of data solutions and analyses, demonstrating your in-depth experience with very large datasets and big data technologies
- Engage in business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions
- Design and implement complex business data information management frameworks
- Engage in testing of the technical information systems to ensure data integrity and system functionality
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to resolve data issues and ensure requirements delivery and compliance (e.g. with enterprise framework, methodologies, financial controls, and other requirements)
- Participate fully as a member of a Scaled Agile pod, support a positive work environment where everyone thinks like a customer, promotes quality and drives innovation
Share your most relevant experience, credentials and knowledge for this role, as well as these essential requirements and attributes:
- Undergraduate degree or technical certificate in a relevant field
- Experience from a statistical, mathematical, computer science, financial background or equivalent
- Experience in data programming languages, patterns and design principles
- Expertise in using analytical software tools, data analysis methods and reporting techniques
- Expertise in data storage and movement, including relational and big data
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of competitor and market trends
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently as part of a Scaled Agile pod
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to build positive relationships across teams
- Act as a brand champion for our business area / function and TD, both internally and externally
#dataengineer #LI-Hybrid Locations:
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.