Requisition ID: 100879
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. When you join Scotiabank, you're joining an internationally recognized, award-winning workplace!
Within Global Operations, you'll be contributing to a high-performing culture, focused on servicing our customers. Our emphasis is on building the teams' expertise and maintaining a solid risk management culture, while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations. You will be part of a team that ensures a corporate culture built around high performance and continuous improvement, recognition and rewards, diversity and inclusion, and the core values of respect, integrity, passion and accountability.Purpose of Job:
Contributes to the overall success of the Estate Department, Investment Support in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.Major Accountabilities:
What you bring to the role
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leadership and Team collaboration to contribute to the effective functioning of the team by identifying unusual items and escalating accordingly; assisting with training of new team members; active participation in coaching, skill builds, huddles and brainstorming sessions; participation in consultation with partners for technology enhancements and process improvements to make it easier for customers to bank with us, while enabling a superior customer experience.
- Provide insight, guidance and advice to customers on estate settlement process. Requires discovering of customer needs, actively listening and identification of opportunities for business development referrals to partners. Review of all incoming documentation and correction requests to ensure information is correct and actioned within bank policy and government legislation. Develop and maintain expert knowledge of all aspects related to estates administration, including operational processes and procedures, as well as, day to day banking, lending and investment processes and procedures.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
What you will be doing
- You have at least a Post-Secondary Education and 1 year experience in customer service. Experience in a financial institution is considered and asset
- You are comfrotable with providing advice and proposing solutions
- You have superior written and spoken communication skills
- You are organized, punctual, and have strong time management skills
- You have working knowledge of web-based applications (Windows, MS Office, etc)
Scotiabank's response to COVID-19
- Support all Canadian Branches and Contact Centres Nationally
- Support all Estate Customers Nationally
- Products: Mutual Funds, Registered & Non-Registered Plans, Registered Accounts, Retail Deposit Products, Day-to-Day Banking, All Retail Lending Products
- Systems: RPM SSUI, IPUI, AS400 Image, Intralink, Sales Builder, TLS, SAM Credit Applications
- Regulatory: MFDA, BNS, SSI
- Ability to deal effectively with Branch/customer complaints, referring to a Manager/Supervisor where necessary, to ensure resolution is obtained to the complete satisfaction of all parties involved, the Customer, the Bank, and Customer Transaction Support department.
- You will interact with all levels of staff, internal/external contacts, as well as, providing support and training to staff.
Scotiabank's main priority has always been the health and safety of our employees and customers. We have rapidly deployed extensive and proactive preventative measures across the Bank and we continue to follow all guidelines provided by government officials. Many of our workspaces have been reconfigured to allow for physical distancing. We have emphasized preventative hygiene practices and have increased sanitization protocols for our various branches and locations. In addition, we are providing virtual medical assistance for our operations and customer contact center employees in order to support them with any medical inquires and/or concerns they may have. Scotiabank is committed to create and address health and safety plans for the future as we overcome this crisis together.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Developer, Mid-Range, Healthcare, Finance, Technology